CrazyEngineers V4: Early Access

We are developing the next version of CrazyEngineers. If you wish to receive latest updates and early access, click the link below.

1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

What is the future of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)?

Question asked by Kaustubh Katdare in #Indian Political on Jun 6, 2019
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Jun 6, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

After the 2019 Loksabha elections, the future doesn't look very promising for the Aam Aadmi Party. Mr. Kejriwal and his allies have vowed to resurrect the party and prepare for the upcoming Delhi Elections. 

What do you think is the future of Aam Aadmi Party? Will they be able to survive the BJP Tsunami? 

During the last elections, AAP put up a spectacular performance by winning 67/70 seats in Delhi - and that surprised a lot of people. I wonder if the history will repeat this time. 

That said, AAP is surely going to need lot of time to put their game together on a national scene. The party's presence is close to non-existent outside of Delhi.

I look forward to knowing your views about the future of AAP. 

Posted in: #Indian Political
Amit Tandon
Amit Tandon · Jun 6, 2019
Rank E1 - BEGINNER

I'm from Delhi and I used to be an ardent AAP supporter. I'm now neutral and do not follow any party. My friends however continue to be affiliated to AAP and my opinion is based upon what I hear from them. 

AAP is no longer the party the promised to be. Party came to power by making lot of promises - clean politics, educated members and democracy within the party. Unfortunately, that is not the case anymore. The party is ruled by only few - who are loyal to Kejriwal. Kejriwal too has already alienated those who objected to several of the party's key decisions. 

Let me confess - this information is based on what I hear - and those views can be biased as well. 

I lost interest in AAP after Kejriwal quit his post as Delhi CM just to fight against Mr. Modi. Kejriwal's personal ambition to become the national-level leader has seriously hurt his long-term political aspirations. 

Look at the drama they did to gain votes in the LS '19 elections. The Atishi pamphlet debacle was no doubt a ploy by mischievous AAP workers; and people already knew this. I'm glad that people did give a firm message to politicians that they're not going to get fooled by dirty tactics. 

At the same time, Kejriwal has actually done some good work for the Government school - in terms of uplifting the infrastructure. This definitely is a good move, but I'm not sure if it's enough to earn people's goodwill. 

Talking about future of Aam Aadmi Party, the party must rethink what structure they're going to go with. If Kejriwal loosens the hold over party and hears opinions and suggestions of his party workers - the party may come back in the game. 

Simply "Defeat Modi and Shah" cannot be your whole and sole motto - because people know who they want in the center and who to give chance in the states and UT. 

I wish AAP all the best. Get your stuff right before its too late. Learn from Modi and the BJP. That's the only way to survive.

Mohit Patil
Mohit Patil · Jun 7, 2019
Rank C2 - EXPERT

Liked your answer, @Amit Tandon. Couldn't agree more that Kejriwal is currently blocking the AAP. I too am an ex-AAP supporter; but after looking at Modi Government's performance over the past 5 years, I have become a BJP supporter. I however would love to see AAP emerging as a significant power in Indian political scenario.

Kejriwal should have known that his powers are limited as the CM of Delhi, which is a Union Territory. You can't have state's CM like powers in a UT; which means fighting against Modi-Shah duo was an uphill task.

AAP needs to determine their agenda first - and it has to be bigger than deleting Modi and Shah. Personal mud-slinging at Modi has failed and IIT educated Kejriwal should have at least guessed that it won't work. Asking for proof for the surgical strikes was disliked by many AAP sympathizers in my friends circle. 

I don't see any future for AAP in the next 5 years. I think they should invest that time in building a stronger supporter base in select states where they still have supporters. Otherwise, the party will die its own death and Kejriwal will be solely responsible for it.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up