What is the effective address generated by the following instructions? (assembly language )

guys help me with this
What is the effective address generated by the following instructions? Every instruction is independent of others. Initially BX=0x0100, num1=0x1001, [num1]=0x0000, and SI=0x0100

a. mov ax, [bx+12]

b. mov ax, [bx+num1]

c. mov ax, [num1+bx]

d. mov ax, [bx+si]

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    Its been a long time since I even saw assembly, however it seems simple addition,
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like he wants us to solve his assignment question. Not good #-Link-Snipped-#
    Tell us what you've written so far and we can suggest corrections.

PS: Read the addressing modes summary.
  • sajjad bhatti
    sajjad bhatti

Write  a program in assembly language  that calculates the square of  six by adding six to the accumulator six times

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sony Corporation has announced the launch of its new mid-budget Android smartphone called Xperia E4G in India. Having a 1.5 GHz Quad Core (MediaTek MT6732) processor at is core, the...
Russian President Putin wants to build RSS: 'Russian Space Station'. Calling it an 'economic necessity', Putin said that in the longer term, the Russian Space Station is going to be...
Hi I am ECE engineer, currently working with MNC as softwre testing domain(happy for it 👍). I have 1 year experience in embedded development as well.. I just wwanted to...
Most homegrown brands are facing a tough time with Chinese brands like Xiaomi and Lenovo sweeping the entire market with their heavily loaded Android smartphones offered at extremely cheap prices....
phpStorm is my favorite IDE on Mac OSX. I was trying to port color settings from TextMate using the TextMate Bundles importer and in the process totally messed up my...