1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

What is the difference between MiTV 50" and 55"?

Question asked by Kaustubh Katdare in #Gadgets on Nov 30, 2019
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Nov 30, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

Is there any difference between the two MiTV models 50" (Mi TV 4X 50) and 55" (Mi TV 4X 55) apart from the screen size and pricing?

I looked at the specs and they seem to be similar except that the MiTV 55" says 4K HDR 10-bit display. Does it make any difference? 

Would love to have your opinions and reviews.

Posted in: #Gadgets
Mohit Patil
Mohit Patil · Dec 1, 2019
Rank C3 - EXPERT

MiTV India has both models and they offer exactly the same hardware and software. The only difference between 50", 55" and 43" TV is that they have different display sizes to cater to the various needs of Indian consumers. 

The price of the TV differs by a few thousands and average consumer does not care about upgraded processor / storage or sound. Many purchase the TV depending upon the screen size that fits their living room or bedroom. 

Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare · Dec 2, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

I bought a 55 inch LeTV 4K TV in 2016 and it seems to have all the features I wanted as a decent budget-friendly option. It had proven to be the best in its price segment 3 years back. However, as you might be aware, LeEco fired 85% of its staff in India in 2017 and now there are no available service centers for LeTV. Thankfully, the TV has not given us any issues so far. Our usage is fairly minimal. We use the TV to watch a movie or two each week and rest of the time it's mostly switched off. In a living room size of about 10 ft x 16 ft, a 55 inch TV doesn't feel too large. 

Coming to your question, I think India has still got time to catch up to the craze of 4K content. It will be long before a lot of 4k content gets available for TV viewing. So,  50 inch also looks like a fair deal at the price point it's offered at. (Unless of course if the room size is HUGE.. bigger the better). 

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Dec 2, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

4K content will take some time because none of the DTH operators are offering true 4K experience. Right now, I think the buying choice is mostly influenced by the price and the availability of the servicing centers. Mi has already done a good job of establishing a network of servicing centers all over India. 

Mohit G
Mohit G · Dec 2, 2019
Rank D3 - MASTER

Xiaomi TVs have exactly the same technical specs. Only the 55" and 65" TVs have better hardware. Do not forget to buy the Mi Soundbar. 

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up