What is the difference between Entrepreneur and CEO

hello all,

What is the difference between Entrepreneur and CEO.

i have a doubt on this..

my understanding is Entrepreneur is the one who comes up with new ideas and makes business in a new way and most importantly he invests money.
He is the owner and if he don't perform well no one can remove him from his position.

CEO on the other hand is elected by a Board and he can be removed from Services and he cannot be the owner of the company.

This is my understanding .
can someone tell me am i correct?
and what are the responsibilities of Entrepreneur and CEO in a bit detailed way please ?

i have read the article by Sanjeev Bikhchandani and got a bit confused.

Mayur and Biggie please throw some light on this ..

๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Replies

• Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    with my knowledge of English i'l try to explain
    Entrepreneur : The one who adopts some one for work by giving some salaries for the work they have done being the owner of that company
    CEO : The one who adopts some one for some work as like entrepreneur but he is not the owner of that company

correct me if i am wrong!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, let me throw in my $0.02 ๐Ÿ˜€

Entrepreneur is a person who starts the business. CEO is the person who runs it.

Let's understand each concept.

Entrepreneur is a person who'd typically come up with an idea. Find resources to turn his/her idea into reality. There are people who start businesses, grow it and then hand it over to someone else to run it. Google's Larry Page & Sergey Brin are the ones who did that. They are entrepreneurs, but Eric Schmidt is the CEO of Google.

CEO on the other hand, is the top employee of a company started by an entrepreneur. As most of us know, CEO stands for 'Chief Executive Officer'. That means, CEO is responsible for managing the daily operations of the company.

I hope this answers your query. If you have questions, please post them. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    nice explanation biggie
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    So people with certain ideas to start a business is called Entrepreneur.

And the Entrepreneur can become CEO of the company which he started ..
    So who provides the finance to the Entrepreneur then?

BTW biggie and mayur here are Entrepreneurs rite?๐Ÿ˜
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    as biggie said he will find the resources in his surroundings by means of loans or by hierarchy
    right biggie!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yeah Biggie you nailed that definition in my book!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    My 2 cents on this..

An Entrepreneur is the one who starts the practice of starting new organizations or revitalizing mature organizations, particularly new businesses generally in ...

however CEO is the corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm

-CrazyBoy
  • Lumber Joe
    Lumber Joe
    CEO can be an owner of the company and member of the board of directors in many countries; however there are country that have some regulation on this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i am doing computer engginering.I am in 3rd semester. I want to knw what is the diffrence between c and c++. what are those features dat make any language...
hi this is vinod. i am a b.tech first year student. i am doing a small project in building robots if any one can give me details. please help me....
Dilbert Fans! Here's an end-to-end solution to all your Dilbert Needs: Dilbert.com - The Official Dilbert Website with Scott Adams' color strips, Dilbert animation, mashups and more! Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜
Toyota's new concept personal transport the iReal: video & review located here: Video: Toyota iReal personal mobility vehicle review | T3.com 20 mph top speed, couple hour charge. Morphs between...
I am Robert Brown.I am here to share my views and thoughts about Sustainability,climate energy and to actively participate in all the board activities . I am sure to have...