What is the difference between Core Java and Java script.??

Please explain me what is java script and where it is used....!!
And how it is different from Java....!!

😕😕😕

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Re: What is the difference between Core Java and Java script?

Java and JavaScript might look like one was a direct descendant of the other, but in reality they are far from that.

Java is an object oriented programming language developed by Sun Microsystems that is capable of running on multiple operating systems with the use of an interpreter.
    JavaScript, on the other hand, was created by Netscape as a scripting language much like a client side version PHP. It cannot create stand alone applications, but instead resides on an internet browser.

Java uses its own code then executes it on a virtual machine that interprets the Java code into its counterpart native code.

JavaScript is a scripting language, and as such it isn’t compiled. A JavaScript enabled browser takes the script and process it, it would then execute the instructions on the script. The main use of JavaScript is to provide a level of interactivity to web pages that are not achievable with simple HTML.
    It can be used along with other technologies like AJAX to give an even more interactive experience. JavaScript can also interact with elements that are not from within its code which Java doesn’t do. Java applications can only be embedded into html pages and from that point on, the Java application works on its own.

Java and JavaScript are two very different languages, because of that they also have different requirements in order to function properly. Installing Java support in your browser does not mean that it would also be able to support JavaScript applications and vice versa.
  • nathanmannar
    nathanmannar
    JavaScript is an object-oriented scripting language that allows you to create dynamic HTML pages, allowing you to process input data and maintain data, usually within the browser.

Java is a programming language, core set of libraries, and virtual machine platform that allows you to create compiled programs that run on nearly every platform, without distribution of source code in its raw form or recompilation. More on........Java and Javascript

Nathan
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, looks like we missed out on an important question here. Let's understand it in simplest possible words.

Just about a few years ago, I'd have simply said "Javascript is meant to be run on the client side - in the user's browser to allow for cool animations and effects; while Java mostly handles the server side of the things". In the recent times, JavaScript has been made to run on the servers as well ( node.js ) and is actively being used in OOP form. Keep in mind that Java and JavaScript are two entirely different languages 'meant' for different purposes. Here are some of the main differences between these two languages:

1. The way these languages are run and executed: Java is compiled and interpreted but JavaScript is executed by the browsers. Java will need JDK/JRE to run and JS is by default enabled by all the modern browsers. In short, Java is Object Oriented Programming language while JS is Object Oriented Scripting language.

2. Java is strongly typed unlike the JavaScript.

I'm not sure if you really want to know all the technical differences; but that'd be pointless. The best analogy I could come up with is Java : JavaScript :: Car : Carpet 😐

I hope this answers your question.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Fifteen years back my neighbour mrs sareen had 3 daughter sudha ,seema and reema and their combined ages were half of hers.During next five years sonny was born and mrs...
My sys model is,Dell Inspiron N5010, and windows 7. Dell WebCamCentral is showing, "Please plugin supported device". Please help me
We all do lots of searches on Google for reading about concepts. These concepts can be related to anything, right from complex terms that appear in our books, technical jargon...
The DATA DIVISION is that part of the COBOL program where every data item processed by the program is described. It is important to note that, unless an item is...
Hi All, Guys after studying many book on electrical, I have a doubt to clear relating the insulator and dielectric material as they are used interchangeably in the text. Is...