What Is The Difference B/w Regulator And Stabilizer

What Is The Difference B/w Regulator And Stabilizer??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    naman2511
    How about referring to the textbook and finding out the answer? Go ahead and share your findings with us ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mathivanan_don
    Mathivanan_don
    naman2511
    Regulator- Vary the constant voltage to any desired level using transformer
    Stabilizer- Maintain constant voltage level incase of voltage fluctuations using buck boost mechanism
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    i would like to tell that,if the voltage is constant then how it is varied in case of regulator.
  • Mathivanan_don
    Mathivanan_don
    N.SACHIN
    i would like to tell that,if the voltage is constant then how it is varied in case of regulator.
    The voltage can be varied using step up or step down transformers. Nowadays readily available ic's like 78xx can do this...๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    Mathivanan_don
    Regulator- Vary the constant voltage to any desired level using transformer
    Stabilizer- Maintain constant voltage level incase of voltage fluctuations using buck boost mechanism
    but i always hear in day to day life that we should have a stabilizer to increase the voltage..so is regulator mechanism present in stabilizers??
  • Mathivanan_don
    Mathivanan_don
    A stabilizer will have constant o/p voltage. for e.g We use stabilizer for home appliances like fridge, a.c, t.v, etc. The stabilizer decrease or increase the available voltage to maintain the o/p constant, this is called buck or boost.
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    Then,what is the difference between stabilizer and step up and step down transformer.
  • Mathivanan_don
    Mathivanan_don
    N.SACHIN
    Then,what is the difference between stabilizer and step up and step down transformer.
    Stabilizer consist of step up and step down transformer.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    stabilizer is use to maintain the load constant voltages and currents...that is so called stabilization.it may consists of voltage regulator configurations for DC loads and AC loads have an zenar diode which is a non linear.but voltage regulators like 78xx series we have linear..so , stabilizers have buck and boost configured transformers....then we will obtain constant load power across the load for more lifespan.regulators are used for DC power supplies...
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    actually regulator regulates the voltage..i mean it increases or decreases the voltage upto a particular value and then stabilizes ut at that value...while function of stabilizer is that it only stops fluctuations...ie., it maintains a particular voltage,...so we can say that a regulator can be a stabilizer but stabilizer cant be a regulator..
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Mathivanan_don
    Stabilizer consist of step up and step down transformer.
    Most stabilisers are not having both step up and step down transformers they have SMPS ( Switch Mode Power Supply ) which provide a consistent op for a range of inputs
  • anusha venkat
    anusha venkat
    • stabilizer is a device that stabilizes and regulator is the one that regulates!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Nishant Patel
    Nishant Patel
    No,Regulator regulates Voltage..means keeps the o/p voltage fixed..
    Consider 7805,7806,7812..they give o/p V of 5,6 and 12 resp. dc voltage.
    so to avoid fluctuations regulator is used. and stabilizer it left me confused.
  • naveee
    naveee
    naman2511
    we use ZENER diode in regulator ..... but we step up or step down transformer in stabiliser........am i rite???
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    hi CEion,please follow the link to get out from confusion ok,.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    naveee
    we use ZENER diode in regulator ..... but we step up or step down transformer in stabiliser........am i rite???
    I don't think that is the stabiliser is used to stablize the op it does not use transformers as the size of them will have to be larger but they use SMPS tech to regulate
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    naveee
    Zener diode is one of the methods of regulation there are many more alternatives to it available now
  • naveee
    naveee
    jeffrey samuel
    I don't think that is the stabiliser is used to stablize the op it does not use transformers as the size of them will have to be larger but they use SMPS tech to regulate
    wat is SMPS ????
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    smps introduction and types are discussed in following pdf.
  • naveee
    naveee
    anusha venkat
    • stabilizer is a device that stabilizes and regulator is the one that regulates!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
    joke ??
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    It is a huge topic worth going through Wikipedia my pal
  • naveee
    naveee
    jeffrey samuel
    It is a huge topic worth going through Wikipedia my pal
    wikipedia is huger than topic ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yeah true SMPS convert low freq high voltage into high freq and low voltage and stably provides any desired op over a period of time

but this is not most case so go through it
  • naveee
    naveee
    kay
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    jeffrey samuel
    i dont agree with tour comment that they have SMPS...SMPS are used in adaptors etc to step down the voltage without use of transformer...
    and u can see that the home stabilizers are too heavy to handle..coz they have transformers...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    What you have is one form of SMPS if both the step up and down transformer of floating input rating is used then the stabliser size and power it consumes will be too much for it to be used
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    whatever it is...but the stabilizers contains transformers not SMPS...i believe so
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    just google the circuit and i found this

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    jeffrey samuel
    just google the circuit and i found this

#-Link-Snipped-#
    is it a SMPS based stabilizer??
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    you got to explain that to me pal i deal more in electronics than in electrical power systems
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    jeffrey samuel
    you got to explain that to me pal i deal more in electronics than in electrical power systems
    i dela in electrical but not dealt with SMPS yet...i hope that this topic will come soon in my subject...till then u can wait or opt for google to know more.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • anusha venkat
    anusha venkat
    ma
    naveee
    joke ??
    may b!!๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    anusha venkat
    ma
    may b!!๐Ÿ˜‰
    not so encouraging pal
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    naman2511
    i dela in electrical but not dealt with SMPS yet...i hope that this topic will come soon in my subject...till then u can wait or opt for google to know more.. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I see then you got me there pal
  • ganesh p
    ganesh p
    The_Big_K
    How about referring to the textbook and finding out the answer? Go ahead and share your findings with us ๐Ÿ˜€
    giving suggestion is very is yar.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

โ€‹ โ€‹ โ€‹ โ€‹ โ€‹hi friends i want to make my final year project on cloud computing. i have got an idea i.e" A Secure Erasure Code-Based Cloud Storage System...
I am an instrumentation and control engineering student in a Kenyan university. my hobbies are swimming, reading and trying crazy stuff in engineering. i have a great and notable passion...
why we used to call alternating current(a.c) and direct current(d.c) rather than alternating voltage(a.v) and direct voltage(d.v)?
Hello, I am Mukesh and I am a Automobile Engineer. I would like to know what is mean by zeroshift transmission? Could someone explain it in brief here, please?
Hello all Can anyone tell me how to synchronize two pulse train signal, so as to perform AND operation between them, where synchronization is must.? thanks in advance regards.