What is the depth of foundation for my house in rocky area?

hello friends,
I am constructing my house in a place in which the ground has lot of rocks, stones.....
My engineer is unwilling to go for some good depth in the foundation for my house, planned for ground and first floor only. I am very much confused & worried.
What should be the depth of foundation for the construction of my house proposed with only ground and first floor?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Mostly rocky areas has very high soil bearing capacity based on that the depth of the foundation is often very less

Do post your area and also check Google for the soil bearing capacity for your area and then post the info here I am sure the CE architects will look over your issue
  • dhavaskar
    dhavaskar
    jeffrey samuel
    Mostly rocky areas has very high soil bearing capacity based on that the depth of the foundation is often very less

Do post your area and also check Google for the soil bearing capacity for your area and then post the info here I am sure the CE architects will look over your issue
  • dhavaskar
    dhavaskar
    hello,
    thanks a lot for the advise. i am building a house in Nityanand Colony, Near Guruprasad Nagar, BELGAUM, Karnataka, INDIA. i am not sure about the info asked by you. with lot of regards & Thanks...
  • Mahendra Kumar Kain
    Mahendra Kumar Kain
    dhavaskar
    hello friends,
    I am constructing my house in a place in which the ground has lot of rocks, stones.....
    My engineer is unwilling to go for some good depth in the foundation for my house, planned for ground and first floor only. I am very much confused & worried.
    What should be the depth of foundation for the construction of my house proposed with only ground and first floor?
  • Mahendra Kumar Kain
    Mahendra Kumar Kain
    Sufficient depth to guard against overturning of the structure is also required even if good bearing capacity is available at shallow depth in rocky areas.
  • Naseeruddin4
    Naseeruddin4
    Mahendra1953
    Sufficient depth to guard against overturning of the structure is also required even if good bearing capacity is available at shallow depth in rocky areas.
    How to calculate sufficient depth

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Since Bangalore is facing big Garbage Crisis something has to be thought and bring out a breakthrough as early as possible.Garbage landfills in Karnataka cannot take anymore, so can garbage...
Guys listen If you are tracking End Times report you will know one of the prime prophecy By the Mayans about the End of the world They have said The...
hello everyone, just want to introduce you fellows to the latest member of the CE. my real name is john my friends call me winterjorni, i am young lad who...
Can anyone help me out in this.. i've been trying it since a long time but not getting the correct approach! 👀
Indeed there were other relevant stories associated with the History of Hacking.Here are few of them that are well known. John Drapper also known as Captain Crunch is known as...