+22455104323 and +22455104324 - Do *NOT* Pick Up Calls!

CEans are being warned not to pick up calls from phone numbers +22455104323 and +22455104324. These numbers are reported to be scam phone numbers that deducted Rs. 45/minute from your talk time balance if you answer them. The cases are being reported through twitter: #-Link-Snipped-#

The numbers seem to be located in Mumbai (given the 022 extension). However, the numbers are international phone numbers originating from African country Guinea that has calling code of +224.

At this time, it's not clear whether this scam is true; but the topic was indeed trending among the twitter users from Mumbai. The whole thing sounds totally odd, because the incoming calls are always free.

I wish to ask CEans whether they or any of their friends have received calls from these numbers. If yes, please report in this thread.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Earlier I come to know about such numbers from some europe country but they all were fake.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    i am really curious about how they have permission to interact with our credit balance? I did not find such any technique Not even traces about such thing 😖
  • adren022
    adren022
    Please add one more number to this list +923321601105 don't know from where this call is made. Don't call this number back some weird sound is heard, it's supposed to be damaging to the ear.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Concepts of Transmission Impairments and Channel Capacity in Data Communications were explained by Prof. A. Pal, Department of Computer Science Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask your doubts and...
Fly that's a Spy! https://www.popsci.com/technology/ar...iary-gives-tiny-flying-robots-place-call-home
Concept of Guided Transmission Media in Data Communications was explained by Prof. A. Pal, Department of Computer Science Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask your doubts and share your...
Concept of Unguided Media in Data Communications was explained by Prof. A. Pal, Department of Computer Science Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask your doubts and share your views...
When you die, will you leave a legacy? Should we feel under an obligation to leave footprints on the sands of time? I am in engineering for the simple selfish...