what is relay??

what is relay??? ​

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    Relay is a clip between two electric circuits, it has two sides one opened and one closed, when side one closed side two opened, its function is to make automatic ON/OFF switch according to the logic of the circuit.

Example:
    Say there's a light bulb with timer and electric circuit controls it by setting certain time, like after one minute get the bulb ON, the timer counts one minute then closes the relay which connects power to the bulb.

Not very advanced answer, if you want to know more Relay - Wikipedia
  • Mayhem
    Mayhem
    EGYSHIMO
    what is relay??? ​
    Well you can say that relays are the intelligent devices which are located in most power distribution systems. There are many kinds of relays available but we generally use numerical relays nowadays. You can say that while they relays are the brains the circuit breakers are the arms. The relays constantly moniter the current or voltage passing through the system by the means of a current transformer or voltage transformer , the moment the sense that the current has gone above a certain fixed value they send a trip signal to the circuit breakers.

Again not the most detailed of answers but told u as much as i know.. 😀
  • EGYSHIMO
    EGYSHIMO
    MaRo
    Relay is a clip between two electric circuits, it has two sides one opened and one closed, when side one closed side two opened, its function is to make automatic ON/OFF switch according to the logic of the circuit.

Example:
    Say there's a light bulb with timer and electric circuit controls it by setting certain time, like after one minute get the bulb ON, the timer counts one minute then closes the relay which connects power to the bulb.

Not very advanced answer, if you want to know more Relay - Wikipedia

thanks so much dear brother
  • EGYSHIMO
    EGYSHIMO
    Mayhem
    Well you can say that relays are the intelligent devices which are located in most power distribution systems. There are many kinds of relays available but we generally use numerical relays nowadays. You can say that while they relays are the brains the circuit breakers are the arms. The relays constantly moniter the current or voltage passing through the system by the means of a current transformer or voltage transformer , the moment the sense that the current has gone above a certain fixed value they send a trip signal to the circuit breakers.

Again not the most detailed of answers but told u as much as i know.. 😀
    great.. thanks so much

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi to all. I am Jay, from INDIA
hi everybody , i am a student of National Institute of Technology Rourkela ,and i am trying to design a diesel engine in catia v5, Pro/e , but i am...
what is c a d g m t & numbers stand in relay name?
If any of you have ebook of Introduction to Physical Metallurgy by Sidney H. Avner ISBN0070024995 / 9780070024991 / 0-07-002499-5 PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education LanguageEnglish plz share . i got a copy...
Hi If u want know about termination resistor. visit this site Electronics Thanks