What is Ready Boost?

Is ready boost work like as a external RAM or something else ???

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    It just stores the less frequently required files onto the external memory so that some of the primary RAM can be cleared up. This could give a little amount of performance boost.

The actual RAM is extremely faster and the USB storage device is no match to the speed of RAM. Don't think an 128 MB ram + 16 GB external storage device configured with ready boost will make a huge difference to the performance. It'll surely make some difference, but negligible. Getting a more RAM is better solution as they are dirt cheap these days.
  • arjun srivastav
    arjun srivastav
    when i insert pen drive and select readyboost then my pen drive show ready boost and pen drive store space up to three GB which is not deleted. it should be deleted or not . what i have to do? otherwise i have to delete it other system. after use ready boost then what i have to do?? when i remove my pen drive then ready boost should be off or not ?? i thought readyboost store cache file this is right or not ??
  • manishks
    manishks
    i think a pendrive cannot store cache file! Cache memory is present between processor and main memory. It holds most recently and frequently used files so as to decrease memory acess time!
    Since readyboost stores less frequently used files so as to clear ram to some extent hence i think it would be incorrect to say that it holds cache file.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    arjun srivastav
    when i insert pen drive and select readyboost then my pen drive show ready boost and pen drive store space up to three GB which is not deleted. it should be deleted or not . what i have to do? otherwise i have to delete it other system. after use ready boost then what i have to do?? when i remove my pen drive then ready boost should be off or not ?? i thought readyboost store cache file this is right or not ??
    Goto pendrive properties and disable for ready boost.or insert pendrive in xp/linux system and format it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

All steam power plants make use of the Rankine cycle for their operation. This is because the Carnot cycle is practically impossible to achieve in normal circumstances. The Rankine cycle...
Tractors used in farming,they have big wheels at rear and small wheels at front.Lets have a discussion on this topic and lets find out how many reasons we can come...
assuming that the column in question is subjected to varieties of load combinations. 1. What design loads do you apply? is it, the worst possible(largest Pu, Mux, Muy)? 2. Largest...
I am working on an idea & I need to know that, Can a tubelight work in DC ? If yes, then how much Volt is required to illuminate it...
'Till now I was using Opera Mini. I own SGY 5360-GT,so unfortunately flash is not supported. Hence I was unable to upload any files here in CE or view website...