View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12832 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
priya palaspagar
priya palaspagar • Dec 7, 2018

What is playback session in a KT in IT companies?

We are planning to take KT from another organization and they have provided KT plan. In that KT plan, there is one task is playback session so I want to know what is playback session?

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Dec 7, 2018

Welcome to CE @priya palaspagar . I'm guessing that you are referring to the regular full form of KT as 'Knowledge Transfer'. If that's the case, playback session would simply refer to 'revision' of the knowledge transferred by both the parties involved. 

@Anil Jain , @Anoop Mathew or @saandeep sreerambatla might be able to offer some help. 

priya palaspagar

hi, @Kaustubh Katdare correct me if am I wrong is playback session same as reverse KT?

priya palaspagar

There is also one task in the business overview is "AOD review" so could you please let me know what is "AOD review" in KT plan?

Kaustubh Katdare

Depends upon the mentor or the person in charge of KT. It could be bidirectional or simply reversed. 

What's the background of this question? Some more information would help craft a better reply. 

PS: Reverse KT

priya palaspagar

@Kaustubh Katdare which question background are you asking "AOD review" or playback session?

Yes its same to reverse KT.

priya palaspagar

thank you @saandeep sreerambatla  can you please let me know what is "AOD review" in KT plan?

@priya palaspagar 

Knowledge Transfer in any project is sessions given to fresher or a new joinee to get acquainted to the technology being used in project and also to understand various aspects of the working project. 

This is nothing but the exchange of knowledge in terms of software development. 

Mu guess from your question is that, Playback session and AOD review  are specific to your project. Please get it clarified from your project's concern authority.

priya palaspagar

In general, do you have any idea about "AOD review" if you have please let me know it will be very helpful for me thanks in advance @Radhika Deshpande 

In generic software term it is 'Answers On Demand'.

Kaustubh Katdare

as @Radhika Deshpande said, It's 'Answers On Demand'. Don't get confused by the short-forms. My best guess is that it's got something to do with questions/answers being discussed during the KT Session. 

priya palaspagar

AOD means like while taking KT we can prepare question list and ask questions after KT session over.Correct me if I am wrong.

Anoop Mathew
Anoop Mathew • Dec 7, 2018

I'm sure someone from the organization will have a specific list of FAQs or be able to give you a better info on the acronyms used in that organization. You should look for such a source first as certain terms may not always mean the same across organizations.

Share this content on your social channels -