What is playback session in a KT in IT companies?

What is playback session in a KT in IT companies?

We are planning to take KT from another organization and they have provided KT plan. In that KT plan, there is one task is playback session so I want to know what is playback session?

Answer:

Playback Session During Knowledge Transfer

In the context of knowledge transfer (KT) in IT companies, a playback session refers to a specific phase or activity where the knowledge acquired during the KT process is shared and demonstrated to the receiving organization.

It is a collaborative session conducted by the transferring organization (the one providing the KT) to present and review the knowledge and skills that have been transferred.

During a playback session, the transferring organization typically showcases the processes, methodologies, tools, and best practices relevant to the knowledge being transferred.

The session aims to validate and confirm the effectiveness and accuracy of the knowledge transfer, ensuring that the receiving organization understands and can apply the knowledge effectively.

Here's an overview of how a playback session typically works:

1. Agenda and Preparation: The transferring organization takes the initiative to create an agenda for the playback session. The agenda serves as a roadmap for the session, outlining the topics, objectives, and goals that will be covered. It provides a clear structure and ensures that the session stays focused and organized. Additionally, the transferring organization may share any necessary documentation or resources in advance to facilitate the session. These materials could include slides, manuals, process documents, or any other relevant information that supports the knowledge transfer process.

2. Presentation and Demonstration: During the playback session, the transferring organization delivers a presentation to showcase and demonstrate the knowledge and skills they have acquired. The presentation can take various forms depending on the nature of the knowledge being transferred. It may involve sharing slides to explain concepts, demonstrating the use of software or tools, or providing practical demonstrations to illustrate how specific tasks are performed. The goal is to effectively communicate and present the knowledge in a way that is understandable and actionable for the receiving organization.

3. Q&A and Discussion: The receiving organization actively participates in the playback session by engaging in discussions, asking questions, and seeking clarifications related to the knowledge being transferred. This interactive element is crucial for ensuring that any doubts, uncertainties, or areas of confusion are addressed. The transferring organization should be prepared to provide thorough explanations, clarify any ambiguities, and engage in meaningful discussions to ensure that the receiving organization fully grasps the transferred knowledge.

4. Hands-on Exercises (Optional): In some cases, the playback session may include hands-on exercises or simulations to allow the receiving organization to practice and apply what they have learned. These exercises provide an opportunity for the receiving organization to gain practical experience and reinforce their understanding of the transferred knowledge. By actively engaging in hands-on activities, the receiving organization can further solidify their comprehension and skills, as well as receive immediate feedback from the transferring organization.

5. Feedback and Evaluation: At the conclusion of the playback session, both the transferring and receiving organizations may provide feedback on the effectiveness of the knowledge transfer. This feedback is valuable for identifying any areas that may require further clarification, improvement, or follow-up actions. It helps ensure that the knowledge transfer process is successful and that the receiving organization is equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to apply the transferred knowledge effectively.

The playback session serves as a crucial checkpoint in the knowledge transfer process.

It allows the receiving organization to assess their understanding of the transferred knowledge and identify any gaps or challenges that may need additional attention.

By actively participating in the session and seeking clarification, the receiving organization can maximize the value and effectiveness of the KT process.

It's worth noting that the exact structure and format of a playback session may vary depending on the specific context, nature of the knowledge being transferred, and the preferences of the organizations involved.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Welcome to CE #-Link-Snipped-# . I'm guessing that you are referring to the regular full form of KT as 'Knowledge Transfer'. If that's the case, playback session would simply refer to 'revision' of the knowledge transferred by both the parties involved. 

#-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# or #-Link-Snipped-# might be able to offer some help. 

• Jeena Saxena
    Jeena Saxena

hi, #-Link-Snipped-# correct me if am I wrong is playback session same as reverse KT?

• Jeena Saxena
    Jeena Saxena

There is also one task in the business overview is "AOD review" so could you please let me know what is "AOD review" in KT plan?

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Depends upon the mentor or the person in charge of KT. It could be bidirectional or simply reversed. 

What's the background of this question? Some more information would help craft a better reply. 

PS: Reverse KT in IT Industry

• Jeena Saxena
    Jeena Saxena

#-Link-Snipped-# which question background are you asking "AOD review" or playback session?

• saandeep sreerambatla
    saandeep sreerambatla

Yes its same to reverse KT.

• Jeena Saxena
    Jeena Saxena

thank you #-Link-Snipped-#  can you please let me know what is "AOD review" in KT plan?

• Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande

#-Link-Snipped-# 

Knowledge Transfer in any project is sessions given to fresher or a new joinee to get acquainted to the technology being used in project and also to understand various aspects of the working project. 

This is nothing but the exchange of knowledge in terms of software development. 

Mu guess from your question is that, Playback session and AOD review  are specific to your project. Please get it clarified from your project's concern authority.

• Jeena Saxena
    Jeena Saxena

In general, do you have any idea about "AOD review" if you have please let me know it will be very helpful for me thanks in advance #-Link-Snipped-# 

• Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande

In generic software term it is 'Answers On Demand'.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

as #-Link-Snipped-# said, It's 'Answers On Demand'. Don't get confused by the short-forms. My best guess is that it's got something to do with questions/answers being discussed during the KT Session. 

• Jeena Saxena
    Jeena Saxena

AOD means like while taking KT we can prepare question list and ask questions after KT session over.Correct me if I am wrong.

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew

I'm sure someone from the organization will have a specific list of FAQs or be able to give you a better info on the acronyms used in that organization. You should look for such a source first as certain terms may not always mean the same across organizations.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I got 60% in 10th and 59% in my 12th and 75% in B.tech. Recently I got offer letter from TCS. I submitted my documents at the time of registration...
I have completed my engg in electrical stream in 2018 only & working in L&T automation as an Jr. project engg. But here it is just an office work. I...
I need some clarity on the skills that an AI intern should have and what an intern would be taught during the internship.
I would like to know the effects of fire on apostle tension slab. What factors should be taken into consideration while constructing.
how  i calculate blank diameter of torispherical head if knuckle and crown radius is given.