What is pc100 specification..?

What is PC100 specification..?
Why it is developed..??

😁

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    as far as I think and know, you are talking abt PC 100 Rams. These were the synchronous Drams or the SDRAMs that were used in older pcs. No longer in use these days.
    What exactly do you want to know about them ?
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Now i found the answer opty,
    People assumes that 10ns(clock speed) module definitely will able to run on a 100MHZ system(Because reciprocal of 10ns is 100MHZ).
    But in practice you required slightly higher than what is required.So 10ns will perfectly fit on 85MHZ system.
    So 100MHZ system required more faster memory than 10ns(clock speed).
    That is why PC 100 specification was developed.

Actually PC 100 specification is the one you have to pass in order to use any SD RAM on your motherboard.
    But not this only give you the full independency.
    Other internal timing charectristic that must be meet in order to have a module certified as PC 100 compliant.
    It's realy a good idea to ensure that any SD RAM you intended to use on 100MHZ system bus motherboard is in fact PC 100 specification compliant.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I turned to Google to search something and found the following - Looks pretty awesome! The search results update as you type! 😁
Google has officially released the 'Google Instant' - that searches as soon as you begin typing. Google's Marissa Mayer has confirmed that Google is working on bringing the instant search...
Google has officially introduce the instant search that searches as you type. On the first look it looks like an amazing feature. However, I wish to know how'd it help...
CEans, I don't think this news is important enough to find a place in announcements section, so posting it here. CE got a minor upgrade few hours ago and everything...
I wish to know what our CEans expect from all future computer operating systems? Do you have any special expectations? I personally expect two things - 1. Instant On feature....