What is .net framwork ?

I want to know what is .net framework and why we required it in some applications?

Replies

• debu
    debu
    @dipen30: The .NET Framework is an architecture of software development and deployment, which has been designed by Microsoft. Basically the .NET Framework contains a virtual machine called the CLR (or Common Language Runtime). All code written and compiled using the .NET SDK is converted into IL (or Intermediate Language) which is executed JIT (Just In Time) by the CLR.

For the developer, .NET is usable by all Microsoft supported languages, like C++, C#, VB and J#. Borland has added support for for its own brand of C++, C# and Delhpi products too.

For the end user, .NET framework comes as a standard part of Microsoft Windows, starting form Windows XP SP3 (and is pre-included in Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, and Windows 7RC). In all earlier versions of windows, the end user can download the .NET framework free of cost.

There has been some work in porting the .NET framework to linux and MacOS via the MonoProject. They have a stable build now (to the best of my knowledge).

You can read more .Net Framework

Regards,

Debu 😀
  • safwan
    safwan
    nice info debu.
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Read the official say mate
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Many times when I goolge for something, I get the top results directing to age old pages. I was thinking whether there is a way to get the newest results...
I just love the look and feel of Apple Safari 4.0.2 web browser. I have all the latest updates installed. But dont know why it crashes everytime I try to...
Hello CEans... We all use calculators in our daily lives. Most calculators in the market today employ Use and Throw lkaline batteries. They have a decent life span, depending on...
Today we are celebrating birthday of crazyboy wish him here also ask for treat here. 😉 many many returns of the day friend. May your all dream comes true. Lets...
Hi There.. I did my Engg in elctronics and i am intrested in MTECH computer science. which exam paper in need to prepare for Gate CS or Gate electronics?