what is multi thread in java?

I want to know what is multi thread in java? I am a computer science engineer. I want to know about it in detail and not just the technical definition. Please explain.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    running a more than one segment of a program cuncurrently. basically to use computing resources efficiently .

Why:
    you have a program to count 10 sec and read a file and then showing the containt of the file.
    Now you have two option.

1.single thread program: count 1-10 sec -->then read file (taking 5 sec to read) -->then show result (taking 2 sec to show out put):
    how much time consumed: >(10+5+2) ~ 17 sec

2.Multithreaded: count 1-10 sec and simultaneously read file (taking 5 sec to read) --->then show result (taking 2 sec to show out put):
    How much time consumed: >10 sec+2 sec ~ 12sec.

• vinci
    vinci
    executing two or more threads concurrently is known as multi threading
  • krishbcs
    krishbcs
    thanks

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I’ve heard someone talked about infrastructure construction. They talked of hatch function in road design. But I don’t know much about road design. I’m wondering are there anyone who familiar...
A meeting between a four legged predator and a four wheeled photographer! So far robots have been slated as rescuers, hazardous zone workers and such . This one shows a...
World's leading auto-makers are getting ready for the Geneva Auto Show in March 2012. The Buggati Veyron has maintained the crown for the fastest production car in the world record...
Lately I have been reading lots of experiences working in Indian IT companies. All of these are service based & which are majority in taking up grads in campus jobs...
CEans, The CrazyEngineers team is attending the TiE Conference 2012 at Nagpur on 25 & 26 February. The TiE Conference is entrepreneurship extravaganza and a *must attend* event for all...