What is Literature Survey?

We have to write a report/thesis for our project in college.
The College has given us a typical format for the same.

It has a topic called "Literature Survey".

I understand that the topic itself interprets to something like "write about the books/journals/articles that we have referred for the project"

But I browsed about the topic on the web and found some very different interpretations. 😕

Do you know what the term exactly means?

(And if my project idea is totally new and has never been implemented before I won't refer any books other than those for the platform I will be using, right?)

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We have started quite a few threads about Learning Japanese language. We have found it really difficult telling how to pronounce the letters...online! So please see the following simple video...
Hello, Someone asked me about the hierarchy levels in Infosys and I've absolutely no idea about it. I've searched the Internet and could not locate much useful information. I think...
Let all of us celebarte and give wishes to google,who is now 12 years old.it released a special doodle to mark its 12th anniversary.you can see it on the home...
Barbie's Grand Daughter... TWO EYES R NOT ENOUGH to see ........ Sooooooo Cute...!!
This is a crazy world! Interesting article written by an Indian Economist : Japanese save a lot. They do not spend much. Also, Japan exports far more than it imports....