1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

What is Jio Wi-Fi Calling?

Question asked by Kaustubh Katdare in #Coffee Room #Gadgets on Jan 9, 2020
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 9, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

I thought I'd add a quick explainer; because Jio has announced Wi-Fi caling all over India. If your handset supports it, you should definitely make use of it for crystal-clear calls. Let's handle it as FAQ

What is Wi-Fi Calling Anyway?

In simplest of the words, it's making and receiving calls over the Internet using your Wi-Fi network. The benefit is that you can make and receive calls even when you are not in the cellular network range. 

What do I need to have Wi-Fi calling?

Your network provider should support Wi-Fi calling (Jio Does) and your handset should support the feature as well. Make sure to turn it on in order to use it.

How do I make a Wi-Fi call?

After you turn the Wi-Fi calling feature on, just make a normal call. Your phone will automatically switch between Wi-Fi and Cellular data for the best call quality. 

Why should I turn it on, anyway?

For the better call quality, better audio and video (HD). In addition, if you are at an apartment where there is very poor network availability, you will able to make good quality calls. 

What about data consumption?

When you are calling over Wi-Fi, the data will be deducted from your Wi-Fi and the data consumption is around 1 Mb/min for audio calls and about 6-8 Mb/min for video calls. 

Posted in: #Coffee Room #Gadgets

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up