What is HBase

Recently heard about this technology even fb is using it for it messages. And what is google's big table.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks for the question, #-Link-Snipped-#! I searched on Google a bit and found out this site: Apache HBase – Apache HBase™ Home. Looks like it's an Apache sub-site. Looks to me that it's all about accessing the 'big-data' (latest technology buzz-word) in reliable, scalable, distributed computing (say Hadoop) environment. Of course, I do not know the technicalities of the HBase; maybe someone more informed can inform us about it.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ritesh05
    Recently heard about this technology even fb is using it for it messages. And what is google's big table.
    Google's BigTable is nothing but a database system built on Google File System. So basically, it is a technology built for Google and by Google.
    Though it shouldn't go without noticing that we can access it through 'Google App Engine'.
    You might want to go through this research paper -
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ritesh05
    ritesh05
    @akd - thanks alot

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been hearing the rumors that Tata group companies, Tata Technologies and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) have a surprise for the candidates recruited in the 2011-2012 campus recruitment season. The...
Hello Experts, I have heard a lot about URL rewriting. Can u plz tell me 1) How to implement URL rewriting in JSP 2)WHat are the advantages of URL rewriting?...
It would be interesting to investigate the aerodynamics of these giant flying discs: https://www.instructables.com/id/Giant-Flying-Discs/
Why young people now a days are reluctant to join armed forces? I have given written exams for Indian Air Force and found that half of the people who come...
The following text is the prompt of the project " A thyristor is used to turn on and off a 50-A DC motor every 60 seconds. We wish to design...