What is future of SEO in india? Is it good to choose as career?

What is future of SEO in india? is it good to choose as career

Replies

• vinci
    vinci
    hey anyone knows please ell me also !!!! by the ways carrier is as good as in other
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SEO is highly misunderstood. I'm not aware of the kind of opportunities available in search engine optimization. Can someone post information about what SEO professionals do?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    SEO is highly mis-understood in India, or Chennai at least. People start asking, "The moment I type my name Praveen, like 'Pr', it should automatically say my website as praveen-kumar.com or something!". Yeah, even SEO people try to bring the page ranks to meet the customer expectations.

But in reality, what SEO is, is:
    1. Making sure the Search Engine can read and understand the content of the Website.
    2. Even a basic Text Reader client should be able to get the structure and content of the website.
  • vinci
    vinci
    but when to start on page after off page?I mean when to begin on page practice after off page?Does off page seo really effects?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think instead of discussing SEO, we should stick to the title of the topic.
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    I don't think only a SEO professional would be a good career considering relatively changing algorithms of google to interpret site content frequently

Work of SEO has reduced considerably over the years

I agree with The_Big_K described in one of the posts that " Content Wins "
  • vinci
    vinci
    absolutely content wins each time .SEO indeed growing but little less speed.I have found in most of the emerging firms/IT companies,they have SEO staff,with 3-4 projects in hand and is going well.It needs to emphasize by companies it self .What it makes it let you aware of updated search engine algorithm each time
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The thing is - Google knows all the SEO tricks better than anyone. SEO, in pure terms, is a way to attract search engines. Instead, why not work on what search engines are looking for? Search engines want high quality original content and they'll find out ways to discover the content and present it to their audience. Any basic SEO would be enough.

After launching the new version of CrazyEngineers; what we're discovering is that the rankings are still intact - and that's surprising as we changed our URL structure and lot of 'SEO' optimizations we had in place. We've already discarded sitemaps - one of the 'must haves' suggested by SEO experts. But everything is still fine and Google's picking up all our links rapidly.

SEO is dead.

PS: Real Estate Miami πŸ‘€ . Bot's aren't going to see that link anyway.
  • vinci
    vinci
    I know it is "nofollow" tag in its html .Doesnt matter Big_k .SEO is not dead.Its actually the way to show/let the websites ranked well continuously .Also have a look over PR of inner pages dear Big_K.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    The_Big_K
    SEO is highly misunderstood. I'm not aware of the kind of opportunities available in search engine optimization. Can someone post information about what SEO professionals do?
    SEO is the process of increasing your website's visibility in the search engine results. Like if I type "top engineers in India" in Google search engine, SEO professional make sure that the url of the page containing list of members of this forum comes first on the list.πŸ˜› (just for eg.)

It is highly demanding in foreign countries and expanding itself in India as well.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I know what SEO is πŸ˜€ . The point I'm making is that SEO is bit over rated. What the typical SEO services providers do is hire a bunch of people who'll post links on popular forums & comments on blogs and generate back links. As I said, basic SEO techniques (like good HTML, noise ratio, quality content, faster loading pages) is more than enough. Once search engines find your website; the ball goes in their court.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    The_Big_K
    I know what SEO is πŸ˜€ . The point I'm making is that SEO is bit over rated. What the typical SEO services providers do is hire a bunch of people who'll post links on popular forums & comments on blogs and generate back links. As I said, basic SEO techniques (like good HTML, noise ratio, quality content, faster loading pages) is more than enough. Once search engines find your website; the ball goes in their court.
    Totally agree that quality content wins πŸ˜€ but when your competitor is doing SEO and you are not then the sale value of both the sites can differ a lot. It's all about online sales. Better online marketing, better online sales. Also, it is not necessary that every business should implement SEO. Several hit brands are there which don't need any online marketing still they have a huge sales.
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    born_star16
    Totally agree that quality content wins πŸ˜€ but when your competitor is doing SEO and you are not then the sale value of both the sites can differ a lot. It's all about online sales. Better online marketing, better online sales. Also, it is not necessary that every business should implement SEO. Several hit brands are there which don't need any online marketing still they have a huge sales.
    That's what it squares upto .
    Create a brand name of your own in the market by providing quality and unique , one of a kind service and support to customers

That will promote your sales rather than spending on SEO a lot . Basic SEO for your website will do the trick
  • vinci
    vinci
    i agree with you all as it is a kind of marketing of your product /website over internet .In SEO , content ranks higher than images so concentration over text works more than anything else
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This should summarize the SEO career thingy -

151906.strip

😁
    The_Big_K
    This should summarize the SEO career thingy -

151906.strip

😁
    Agreed. Nice one! πŸ˜›
  • manikas
    manikas
    SEO is a profession that can be practiced while working for a company or as a solo practitioner. There are many jobboards like Dice and Craigslist that publish SEO job advertisements. It is worth noting that the compensation for SEO employees is equal to or even higher than that of developers, designers and marketers..For somebody who comes from design, development or web administration, SEO might look not technical enough and you might feel that you will downgrade if you move to SEO. Don't worry so much – you can learn a LOT from SEO, so if you are a talented techie, you are not downgrading but you are actually upgrading your skills packages.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    manikas
    SEO is a profession that can be practiced while working for a company or as a solo practitioner. There are many jobboards like Dice and Craigslist that publish SEO job advertisements. It is worth noting that the compensation for SEO employees is equal to or even higher than that of developers, designers and marketers..For somebody who comes from design, development or web administration, SEO might look not technical enough and you might feel that you will downgrade if you move to SEO. Don't worry so much Γ’€“ you can learn a LOT from SEO, so if you are a talented techie, you are not downgrading but you are actually upgrading your skills packages.
    ...and copy-pasting paragraphs from other websites ain't good for SEO. Right?

Source of above post: Choosing SEO as Your Career
    The_Big_K
    ...and copy-pasting paragraphs from other websites ain't good for SEO. Right?

Source of above post: Choosing SEO as Your Career
    Right! πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Copy-Pasting is easy; creating your own content is *challenging*.
  • vartikasharma
    vartikasharma
    Some people think that SEO is just related to data entry or just copy and paste but in reality it’s not as it becomes important what type of techniques you are following to do SEO. If you are following black hat techniques to get ranks then sooner or later your website will have negative effect.

In India more and more people are now using mobiles, internet etc and have started to think of their business online presence. I read that SEO is a billion dollar industry and you can make money and become an expert in this with some efforts. As a career I think a company that follows white hat SEO techniques is a good option to start. There are various certifications from Google that you can get to enhance your work profile and thus an increased package. I have been working in DPFOC an internet marketing company in India and here we all learn new things happening in the industry with the research and practical knowledge.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I've just removed the unnecessary link that you added to your post. πŸ˜€
  • vartikasharma
    vartikasharma
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I've just removed the unnecessary link that you added to your post. πŸ˜€
    Okay No Problem just added it for reference.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    No matter what kind of job listing I am looking, be it a startup or a MNC, they seem to be always looking for content manager and such positions. In that job description, knowing SEO is a must. Some also demand for 2-3 years of experience as a compulsory requisite.
    SEO surely isn't dying anytime soon.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Does anyone have piano notes for the song Main Gaoon Tum so Jao by Mohd. Rafi (from the movie Brahmachari)?
Hello CEans,​ ​I'm ASHISH BARDHAN. I'm an undergraduate student of Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology ( N.S.I.T ), opted B.E./B.Tech. in Information Technology (IT). I'm currently in my Pre-Final 3rd...
With our growing strength, it makes perfect sense to start conducting CE City Meets again. The main problem we've faced so far is that there was no fixed agenda for...
The Electrofest is a technical fest organized by Guntur Engineering College. Recognizing the need for highly trained engineers, GEC conducts programs to benefit engineering education from Diploma level to Undergraduate...
Lots of CEans are sharing our content on Facebook. As you might have already noticed, once you click like/recommend button, a small icon is generated automatically from that page and...