wht is the entropy of a pen?

Replies

• arsh86
    arsh86
    this Ques was asked in CAT interview.
    plz help me and tell me the ans.
  • gohm
    gohm
    No need to "bump" the post within a day, I'm sure some CEans will offer some advice. =) Have you searched on the net?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    This is a trick question to check your wit. Similar to asking, What is the color of wall behind you? etc. If you stutter and think, then it shows you lack confidence. Entropy also depends on the structure and different materials have different structure. You are not supposed to know the exact value.

From Wiki:
    Entropy is defined by an equation dS = dq/T.
    It determines a body's free energy.

Entropy increase has often been defined as a change to a more Disordered State at a molecular level. In recent years, entropy has been interpreted in terms of the "Entropy %28Energy Dispersal%29" of energy. Entropy is an Extensive Quantity State Function that accounts for the effects of Irreversibility in Thermodynamic System.
    In terms of Statistical Mechanics, the entropy describes the number of the possible Microstate %28Statistical Mechanics%29 of the system. The statistical definition of entropy is the more fundamental definition, from which all other definitions and all properties of entropy follow.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have come across a inverter, which output is 4KVA from 12V battery input and a battery charger of 140A. So what shall be the approch for this design. please...
CEans, This could be very helpful to every visitor of CE. If you know any company, anywhere in the world that is hiring engineers, please post about it in this...
Hi guys. I am working on a home automation system. this entails developing a home automation system that can be programmed to perform various functions in and around the house...
hi everybody...I would like to know if someone here work with pic and CCS. I would like to change some informations about it. my mail is tks...
Can anyone explain the physical significance of negative resistance? When a dependent source is connected in series with a normal series circuit the equivalent resistance becomes negative , why?Does the...