What is electrical Lenght of Antenna ?

Hello, This is Aksa from Punjab. I am an electrical engineer. I want to know what is the Electrical length of Antenna? Can someone explain with an example?

Replies

• shreya_rulz
    shreya_rulz
    electrical length of antenna is the physical length itself but specified using electrical terms.e.g : most antenna lengths are specified to be either 'l/2'or 'l/4' where l is the wavelength of the signal to be propagated.the antenna length depends on the type of signal to be transmitted and the distance the signal covers before it reaches the desired receiver.
    p.s:i wanted to use 'lambda' which is the universal symbol for wavelength but didnt know how to type it..
  • aksa
    aksa
    shreya_rulz
    electrical length of antenna is the physical length itself but specified using electrical terms.e.g : most antenna lengths are specified to be either 'l/2'or 'l/4' where l is the wavelength of the signal to be propagated.the antenna length depends on the type of signal to be transmitted and the distance the signal covers before it reaches the desired receiver.
    p.s:i wanted to use 'lambda' which is the universal symbol for wavelength but didnt know how to type it..
    thanks shreya

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is it possible to make such type of generator.?
am a 4th year student working on a project about how to operate a pump motor using a mobile phone.can u help me with how to go about its circuit...
hai guys, i m a modifying my royal enfield,and i want to know if i can change my carbuerator to any type of fuel injector or something to make the...
Name: Paul (aka Orange) *Engineering Trade: Computing Location: London *Occupation: Self employed Work Experience: Too many years in too many industries *Hobbies & Interests: Trance + football *Aim in life:...
...experts. We have a problem, we are not image people, but we wanted to know if the following was technically possible. We have 6 images 1....6, and a seventh called...