What is difference between C.S and IT

plz tel me
in both we learn same language.
what s the main diffrence bet Computer science and IT?

Replies

• aashima
    aashima
    The basic difference between CSE and IT is that IT is solely a software engineering. It rests only with the software part while CSE includes both hardware and software.
    CSE deals with, along with the software subjects, hardware sujects as well like Compiler, Automata. These are all machine and hardware related subjects while designing of Algorithms, details of OS are few concerns of IT, all software!
  • Neha
    Neha
    I agree with Aashima, although you learn the designing of algorithms n OS(Operating Systems) in Computers too but just a overview n they are covered in much detail in I.T. In a nut shell, as Aashima said, C.S covers hardware as well as software part whereas I.T is basically concerned with software part.
  • getallica
    getallica
    Yup thats right... IT solely deals with software and a bit of telecommunication...
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    getallica
    Yup thats right... IT solely deals with software and a bit of telecommunication...
    I also agree with Aashima, there a difference which could not be mend.

vibhor_one
  • xero
    xero
    CEians unfortunately I strongly disagree with all of you, there seem a big confusion. If we view from the course perspective we won't be able to find any difference or rather i'll say that subtleness will be seen.

OK now lemme keep it straight

Computer Science is a field of science which deals with theory and foundation of information and computations and their application in computer fields, a very good example is Computer Graphics

on the other hand Information Technology and the name suggests is more related to PROCESSING and MANAGING of information in an environment. That's y we'll never come to here CS companies, rather we say IT companies ๐Ÿ˜€

I guess that makes it pretty clear
  • DEP
    DEP
    xero
    CEians unfortunately I strongly disagree with all of you, there seem a big confusion. If we view from the course perspective we won't be able to find any difference or rather i'll say that subtleness will be seen.

OK now lemme keep it straight

Computer Science is a field of science which deals with theory and foundation of information and computations and their application in computer fields, a very good example is Computer Graphics

on the other hand Information Technology and the name suggests is more related to PROCESSING and MANAGING of information in an environment. That's y we'll never come to here CS companies, rather we say IT companies ๐Ÿ˜€

I guess that makes it pretty clear
    hey xero, your answer is the most appropriate amongst all and i hope you wont mind explaining more. you gave the example of computer graphics but even we i mean IT people do study it. I am in 5th sem and til now there is only ONE subject of ine that is different from the CSE trade. Why is it so??
  • Rajnikant
    Rajnikant
    I think XERO give good clarification...
    let me repeat with little more improvement...

CE (computer science) describe what is the science behind computer..

how computer is engineered. include history, present and future of computer. including its application and lot many things.

while IT is some thing different...

it is study of technology..
    describe following things..

1. How to collect information from various source....
    2. How to store information in such a way that it can be back in desire manner.
    3. How to re-distribute information in such way that it fulfill the requirement.

and by chance computer is involve in the all activity.
    so, its look like computer and IT both are same.

but fact is that,
    CS is a study of machine..
    IT is a study of information gathering, storing and distributing.

now a days computer is main device that is used in such activity so IT very similar to computer science.
    if in future any device will invented that will betterly fulfill IT requirement(information gathering, storing and distributing). than i am sure that IT people are going to learn that device.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Wow, even I didnt know this! Thanks a lot to all who cleared this.

I used to think IT was just information technology, nothing solid like programming or deep stuff, just consultation of technology, and how to implement, while not knowing how to program.

but now I know. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Tanaya
    Tanaya
    I am fullly agree with you Rajnikant..... done a good job...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans! We no longer have a complicated URL for CE Mail ๐Ÿ˜. Now you can access your CE - Mail directly from - https://email.crazyengineers.com ๐Ÿ˜ Enjoy! -The Big K-
MATLAB is a high-level technical computing language and interactive environment for algorithm development, data visualization, data analysis, and numeric computation. Using MATLAB, you can solve technical computing problems faster than...
I am going to do mini project this semester for that I need some titles from u. Please provide me some topics which can be easily designed and fabricated. Thank...
anyone can tel me that why do we refresh? like right click and click on refresh. or use F5 button which is use 4 refresh.
This thread has been inspired by Dan Brown's-Da Vinci Code(A novel that left me flabbergasted!). What is Phi? Phi ( = 1.618033988749895... ), most often pronounced fi like "fly", is...