What is difference between ® and ™ registration ?

Hello,

I want to know what is the difference between ® and ™ registration ? Can anyone guide me to a detailed document by authority which state the difference between both.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Harshad Italiya
    Hello,

I want to know what is the difference between ® and ™ registration ? Can anyone guide me to a detailed document by authority which state the difference between both.
    TM is the 'Trade Mark' and '®' is the 'Registered Mark. If you want your brand, logo to be registered in your / your firm's name so that no one else can use it without your permission, you will have to apply for registration with the government.

Once you apply, you will be able to use the 'TM' along with your brand name. The whole process or registration takes about one year (not sure if it's quicker these days). Only when the name/logo gets registered and you get a certification from the registration authority, you will be able to use the '®' sign with your symbol.

'CrazyEngineers' (without space between words crazy and engineers) is our registered name and we can officially use the ® sign with CrazyEngineers. It also means that no one else can use the name without our permission. There was a case that a training company in Pune use our name without our permission and conducted training in colleges using our name.

There were websites that used our name without our permission, acting as our 'extensions' and had to surrender the website and later re-open with a new name.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    TM is the 'Trade Mark' and '®' is the 'Registered Mark. If you want your brand, logo to be registered in your / your firm's name so that no one else can use it without your permission, you will have to apply for registration with the government.

Once you apply, you will be able to use the 'TM' along with your brand name. The whole process or registration takes about one year (not sure if it's quicker these days). Only when the name/logo gets registered and you get a certification from the registration authority, you will be able to use the '®' sign with your symbol.

'CrazyEngineers' (without space between words crazy and engineers) is our registered name and we can officially use the ® sign with CrazyEngineers. It also means that no one else can use the name without our permission. There was a case that a training company in Pune use our name without our permission and conducted training in colleges using our name.

There were websites that used our name without our permission, acting as our 'extensions' and had to surrender the website and later re-open with a new name.
    Thank you Biggie for the clear information. One more question is Crazyengineers is Now Registered it means both name and Logo is registered right?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Harshad Italiya
    Thank you Biggie for the clear information. One more question is Crazyengineers is Now Registered it means both name and Logo is registered right?
    We don't have a formal logo yet. It's the name that's registered.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We don't have a formal logo yet. It's the name that's registered.
    Ok. So its the name that is registered. Thank you Biggie.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a software engineer and want to prepare for Gate-2014 , Can you please suggest some good coaching classes in Pune which i can join, The coaching classes which...
An electricity board charges the following rates to domestic users to discourage large consumption of energy : For the first 100 units - 60P per unit For next 200 units...
I m a 2nd year (4th semester) Electrical Engineering student. I would like to get into the automobile industry. What should I be doing this summer? Please suggest me some...
Please any one help me........... #include #include #include #include #include #include #include class network { /* request auto detection */ int gdriver, gmode; int left, top,...
hey guys i will highly recommend to watch the minute physics channel in youtube.. its amazing with its catchy doodlin and quick n precise info