What is DDoS Attack?

I recently came across something like "DDoS attack" whick is related to hacking. But i don't know what that means......can somebody tell me how it works??

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    These links might be helpful to you.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    DDoS is Distributed Denial of Service attack. To explain it in simple words, you send many requests to a server and they are of very high priority requests, then the server would be taking only the requests sent by you and not by others. In this way, only you (hacker / DDoS guy) will be served and others will just see 500 Internal Server Error (Too many connections)!
  • Rahul Jamgade
    Rahul Jamgade
    Praveen-Kumar
    DDoS is Distributed Denial of Service attack. To explain it in simple words, you send many requests to a server and they are of very high priority requests, then the server would be taking only the requests sent by you and not by others. In this way, only you (hacker / DDoS guy) will be served and others will just see 500 Internal Server Error (Too many connections)!
    DDos attack is an DOS attack (Denial of Service attack) with many different nodes simultaneously bombarding on typically a single system so that the resources on the victim (target) system gets exhausted. This can be done in different ways but it is commonly done using C&C (Control and command )centre that is used to send commands to zombies (computers that are contaminated and controlled by C&C ). Once the C&C send certain commands to the zombies or BOTs (network of BOTs are called as BOTNETs) the BOTNETs will fire the denial of service attack towards the victim. This is similar to teh case that we saw when Julian Assange was arrested and the Mastercard website and Paypal site was force DOWN using the DDos attack.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now they did it......the hactivist group Anonymous are building a social network website called "Anonplus". They claim that this website will guarantee privacy to it's users. They also claim that...
how do i come to know which technology a particular website has used i mean if the site has been mad in php,asp,net,java or cms but how can i determine...
1) Read your owners manual thoroughly before going off-road, or on road for that matter. Learn your vehicle. 2) Never go out alone as a short trip could be costly....
I've been studying electrical engineering topic called "Current Transformer". Can someone talk a bit about the CT Burden?
Hi everyone. This time I need help with finding the Gibbs Free Energy of this chemical reaction: CaC2(s)+2H2O(l) --> C2H2 + Ca(OH)2 The question says to use the standard-state free...