What is business option after civil engg

I am a civil engineer passed out in 2017 from pvt college.

I want to start a civil engineering related business with almost zero investment. But what is that option for me.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - Welome to CrazyEngineers. It's good to know that you want to start your own venture. 

The only two business ideas I can think of that need zero 'financial' investment are the following -

1. Consultancy: You'll help existing civil engineering companies save costs in their operations. You could charge a commission for your services. 

2. Enabler: You help your clients with cheaper yet quality sourcing that helps them get things done faster, at cheaper costs. 

That said, have you explored the markets and found out a need that you can fulfil? Most successful businesses start by identifying a market need and then offering better solutions than existing ones.

Do a survey; talk to existing business owners and understand their pain-points. In my opinion, talking directly to the Civil business owners around your current location would definitely be a step in the right direction. Plus, you could be sure to get your first client easily. 

Hope this helps. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please crazy engineers, how can I use artificial neural networks for weather forecasting?