What is business intelligence?

What is Business intelligence

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    charumathi888
    In the most simplistic terms, it's all about making sense out of all the data, information, processes, procedures & technologies used in or generated by a business to advance it.

You should refer WikiPedia for a detailed article on what business intelligence is. If you have specific questions, please post them here so that we can answer them 😀 .
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    charumathi888
    Business Intelligence is all about creating values for an organizations based on data to find answers of fundamental questions like how the business is going on, rank etc. It is basically a strategy of combining data from various sources.

Elements in Business Intelligence:
    • data source
    • ETL and Data Cleansing
    • data warehouse
    • front end

Some of the available technologies are:
    • IBM Smart Analytic Cloud
    • Amazon EC2
    • Informatica
    • Greenplum.
  • charumathi888
    charumathi888
    Thanks aarthivg. What is the best open source tools for etl process?
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    charumathi888
    Thanks aarthivg. What is the best open source tools for etl process?
    My preference could be Pentaho and talend. There is a huge opening for Pentaho in the market. Talend , I haven't worked with it. But one of my colleague said it is a easy tool to learn.
    Informatica is one of the best tool which I have worked with, but its not a open source tool.

Feel free to post your questions here. All the best.
  • charumathi888
    charumathi888
    I am planing to learn informatica
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    charumathi888
    I am planing to learn informatica
    Good. And do post your queries in CE. All the best👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The world’s thinnest 17” gaming laptops have arrived. The American computer manufacturer, Maingear launched the Pulse 17 laptops yesterday. The gaming notebook weighing less than 6 lbs is sure to...
The Ministry of External Affairs or the MEA is expanding the platform for its mobile app for applying for passport in India. Following the Android unveiling, with the launch of...
Hello dear reader, This is my 2nd Post/thread. Please have a look at the pictures of our new product that we are launching very soon. Digital Energy Meters with RS485...
ZTE has today launched a new Android smartphone called the ZTE Grand S Flex in Europe. Making the phone available in Spain, Czech Republic and Slovakia followed by Germany, Finland...
A new app for iPhone called the Hudway has been launched on the iTunes Store that features technology of the future and brings it right in your car. Developed by...