What is a multi air engine?

Guys, I am really in a dilemma to what is a multi air engine. Searched on the internet but couldn't get a clear idea of what it is. Please tell if someone knows so.

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    From what I read, it is a mechanical-electro-hydraulic intake valve actuation technology pioneered by Fiat in 2002 (Source Wikipedia). The intake valve is still cam driven, but controlling the cam is a electro-hydraulic system. It says it betters the power output of the engine and also optimizes gas (petrol) consumption.

The next step is completely camless (pneumatic-electrical) valve control system. At the moment such system is very expensive and I don't think it is about to be introduced in any production engine soon. But that's the future.
  • Mohammad Asad
    Mohammad Asad
    Well, thanks for the info.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1 11 121 1331 14641 can anyone tell the code of this pattern.??
I always had a query. I have really good software development background (although I am a Mechanical Engineer by education & profession). How do random number generators work? A thought...
what is the reason for the input impedence in the open circuit transmission line to behave inductive or capacitive...?i came to know that depending upon value(+ve or -ve) of (Bl)...
While Apple had everybody’s attention during its iPhone 6 and Apple Watch launch event, Qualcomm Technologies announced a slew of new processors that will bring 4G LTE connectivity equipped smartphones...
Let me introduce myself, im Cesar Balderas from Mexico, im a last year IT engineer student, I joined CE because I was looking for ideas to apply in my 2...