What is a fallacy?

Can anyone explain about falacy clearly with example.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Thread moved to General section
  • Suresh Manickam
    Suresh Manickam
    Wat??😑
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Suresh Manickam
    Wat??😑
    You posted it in quiz section. Is this quiz or puzzel then i'll move it to that section again. πŸ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Did u mean Fallacy?
  • Suresh Manickam
    Suresh Manickam
    silverscorpion
    Did u mean Fallacy?
    ya fallacy, i heard it. so i didn't knew the spelling.
  • Suresh Manickam
    Suresh Manickam
    godfather
    You posted it in quiz section. Is this quiz or puzzel then i'll move it to that section again. πŸ˜€
    Its a doubt.😁
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    As the wikipedia article says, fallacy is an improper argument in a reasoning which misleads people.

Dictionary.com defines #-Link-Snipped-# as:

fal·la·cy [fal-uh-see]​
    noun, plural -cies.​
    1. a deceptive, misleading or false notion, belief, etc.: That theworld is flat was at one time a popular fallacy.​
    2. a misleading or unsound argument.​
    3. deceptive, misleading, or false #-Link-Snipped-#; erroneousness.​
    4. Logic . any of various types of erroneous reasoning thatrender arguments logically unsound.​
  • Suresh Manickam
    Suresh Manickam
    thank you
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Suresh Manickam
    Its a doubt.😁
    That's why I moved this thread to general section. πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think with meaning; even the usage should be discussed. Especially GRE takers get into this nasty habit of using difficult words without knowing the context they should be used in. πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When will we get the Gate 2012 admit card? I had applied two months ago and haven't received it yet. There have been no replies. Please help! Has anyone received...
Internship is a system of on-the-job training for white-collar jobs, similar to an apprenticeship. Interns are usually college or university students, but they can also be high school students or...
I think from the current domination they would surely win.
The Chinese and Japanese governments will work together to improve bilateral relations as Beijing and Tokyo get ready to mark the 40th anniversary of the normalization of ties between the...
Now your results will be considered between 130 -170 instead of 200-800 because now 9 points increments will be read on as 1 point increment. This means that your result...