What is 2G Spectrum Scam?

DMK leader and former communications minister A. Raja, has been summoned by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in connection with the 2G spectrum.

Can someone explain what exactly was the 2G Spectrum scam?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    AbraKaDabra
    DMK leader and former communications minister A. Raja, has been summoned by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in connection with the 2G spectrum.

Can someone explain what exactly was the 2G Spectrum scam?
    Normally, spectrum auctioning is supposed to be done with the highest bids from the telco companies, but somehow the 2G licenses were given out at a first come first serve basis, even with lower bids. Spectrum allocation is one of the ways governments can get revenue (because its such a valuable resource) and to ensure a somewhat regulated allocation, but in this case the Indian government has lost out quite a substatial amount of money that they could have got from telco operators. We are talking about billions of dollars here! So throughout this fiasco, the former Telco minister is being investigated on what part he played in this, thats the only gist I got so far. I don't think there was a case of companies scamming the government. Its more like the auction was flawed in the beginning, though who wouldn't want to take advantage of that? 😉
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    but in this case the Indian government has lost out quite a substatial amount of money that they could have got from telco operators. We are talking about billions of dollars here!
    It's 175000 crores
  • 4M4N
    4M4N
    Biggest scam in india
    for more info #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

OM Nanotech is a semiconductor company promoted by two non-resident Indians, who announced the launch of the first 'made in India' memory modules and flash product brands. These brand names...
Facebook Disconnect is an extension for Google Chrome Browser developed by Google engineer Brian Kennish. Facebook is notified whenever you visit one of the more than one million sites on...
I was flipping through the newspaper today morning, when I saw a couple of articles related to predictions about 2011. I also read an articles about tech predictions here: Tech...
I was bored when a friend recommended me to see the Annoying Orange on Youtube. Later I read that video is one of the most viral videos of 2010. Believe...
Here is the problem: A man "A" set out from a certain point and traveled at the rate of 6 kph. After "A" had gone for two hours, another man...