What exactly is Sales Tax? [No confusion, anymore]

CEans,

The purpose behind starting CE -Finance was very simple. Engineers should have a place where they can talk about finance and benefit from it.

I've realized that most of us do not understand the term 'sales tax'.

While wikipedia says -

A sales tax is a Consumption Tax charged at the Point Of Purchase for certain goods and services
what do you have to say about sales tax.

addendum: The reason I'm posting it because I saw two of my friends debating over a lame issue : Whether we should ask for the bill at Petrol Pumps? Got my point?

Replies

• ckll
    ckll
    hiiiiiiii the big k
    i hve some knowledge about sales tax that i'm going to share wid u
    SALES TAX IS PAID BY THE RETAILER FOR WAT THE ITEMS HE SOLD
    THIS TAX WILL GO IN NATIONAL TREASURE
    THIS TAX IS NECESSARY TO CONTROL THE REATAILER FROM GETTING
    BLACK MONEY
    i can tell u more bt not this time .....
    i dont have enough time

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Looks like we have lot of confusion over the subject here 😉 . So, why not dedicate a thread to it? Is 0.999999.... (infinite) equal to 1? What do you...
Hello Friends , I Need A Product Key Of Vista 32 Bit Home Premium ..
Well they claim it's India's biggest gaming competition and it's perhaps true, they are giving away a whopping 50 lakhs as prize money.😁 visit: www.vixture.com for details. But the bad...
[FONT="]Regards to everyone,[/FONT][FONT="]I am an entrepreneur and my business is globally expanded. There are many competitors of mine. I feel its not a safe option for me to conduct a...
How can i get cpu fan speed using Vb6.I will display it on LCD connected to parallel port. lcdinterfacing - Interfacing alphanumeric LCD 16x2 using VB6 Thank you