What exactly is Cache memory?

Hey friends...what exactly you mean by Cache memory and how exactly it increases the performance of a processor? Need some expert to throw some light on this.

Replies

• safwan
    safwan
    Brother here is link of wikipedia. Cpu Cache
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Can I call it "Processor's Internal RAM" ? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    safwan
    Brother here is link of wikipedia. Cpu Cache
    thanks for your link.

@prakash bhargav : I hope, this will give you all information about cache memory..
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Yes, you can.
  • dipen30
    dipen30
    cache memory is placed between cpu and RAM. In cache memory all data which is frequently accessed by processor is stored . so when processor want to access the data processor first check in cache memory ane if not fount in cache memory then it check in the RAM.
  • Muffy
    Muffy
    More importantly , Cache memory (static memory) is much much faster than the ddr ram memory (dynamic memory), which are the main memory modules. The processor fetches most of the data and instructions from the cache , thus enabling them to run at higher speeds and waste less time waiting for data to arrive from main memory modules. The data from main memory modules are buffered by the cache.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The question is pretty straightforward. We need world peace. Do you think the solution lies in Ahimsa? Why?
I thought I'd add in some additional questions, so our responses will be holistic. Also, analogies are highly encouraged, just like MaRo has done. - What is the significance of...
please send me full information about this...... SMS Based automatic vehicle accident information system
Hai friends..! Today, I wrote my Internal exam of Data Communications subject. It seems very easy. And I like to share the questions with our CEans. 1) Differentiate LAN ,...
Here's a quick tutorial that will help you setup mail forwarding in your CE Mail account. What is Mail Forwarding? Answer: When a mail arrives in your CE mailbox, it...