What exactly is a startup?

Recently, I met few engineers who thought they'd rather be working for a startup than writing reports for a big MNC 😀 !

Now the question is - what according to you is a 'startup'? Is it couple of engineers sitting together with their laptops in a garage or in the basement? Or is it something that you do part-time while holding on to your regular job?

What do you think? What is a 'startup'?

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The companies started by first time entrepreneurs are called as start ups. Since they are new, you have ample opportunities to grow because of the freedom you enjoy. Moreover new companies mostly work on latest ideas. So they tend to attract more guys.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Would you call a 'part time' venture a startup?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    Would you call a 'part time' venture a startup?
    If its a full fledged venture then why not?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What's a full fledged venture?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    What's a full fledged venture?
    A registered company.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how can we get the print out of output of (graphical) C program( in graphics mode)? when the OS Xp.
We are having this undergraduate research about effective extraction of natural anthraquinone dye from a Noni tree bark. We tried using the traditional leaching process for starters using solvents like...
Hmm. I just thought of sharing my bike's picture with you because I totally love my mobike 😁 Comments?
Guys I need your help. I'm in a dilemma whether to sit for IBM India, Infosys or Ericsson. None of the salaries are attractive( I bet you know!). I'm interested...
As reported by TechCrunch -> Mozilla Fights Back With New Firefox Benchmarks Mozilla's Firefox 3.1 is going to be the faster than Chrome. Mozilla is employing TraceMonkey to compete with...