What does 'M' in Android M stand for?

Keeping with the tradition, Google's calling the new version of Android as 'Android M'. Google's always named their major android upgrade after a sweet dish. Let's take a quick look at historical names Google's given to Android-
  • 1.5: Cupcake
  • 1.6: Donut
  • 2.0: Eclair
  • 2.2: Froyo (frozen yogurt)
  • 2.3: Gingerbread
  • 3.0: Honeycomb
  • 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich
  • 4.1: Jelly Bean
  • 4.4: Kit-Kat
  • 5.0: Lollipop
...and now we've Android 'M' and no one knows what does M stand for. It's got to be a sweet and following options seem to be the top contenders:
  • 'Milkshake'
  • 'Moon Pie'
  • 'Marzipan'
  • 'Mentos'
  • 'Mango'
  • Marshmallow (top preference)
  • Milky Way
...or is there any Indian sweet that you can think of?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The Indian sweets starting with M that I could think of:

Malai Kulfi, Motichoor Laddu, Moong Halwa, Malpua, Milk cake, Mishti Dahi, Mysore Pak and yeah.. Modak.

I have a feeling none of them might be used for Android 'M' though. 😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Android Ladoo Campaign. Team has done great job last time and as you can see in their video are they going to start campaign about 'Malai Kulfi'?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    M&M would sound cool,then make Eminem to advert for Android M&M 5.3, which would make it epic 😛
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Android M -> Android Marijuana ☕

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Basking in the glory of its previous Unite 2 Android phone which sold , Micromax has unveiled a new smartphone called 'Micromax Unite 3' which hopes to set itself apart...
Engineers are an aging lot. People prefer more lucrative careers. Quote: Growing up I wanted to be Peter Parker. From his sense of responsibility to his sarcastic wit, I wanted...
Quote: Computer-aided design (CAD) is an essential tool for modern engineers who work in a variety of professional fields. As companies head toward cloud-based computing solutions and the Internet of...
Based out of Gurgaon, India 'iYogi' a remote technical support company has recently ventured into the world of IoT by launching its own enterprise grade platform based on Microsoft Azure....
This year is likely to see an interesting fight: Xiaomi Mi5 Vs. OnePlus 2. Both these Chinese companies are known to offer killer hardware and smashing software, for an attractive...