What does "incompatible instructions" mean?

Hello all
I'm attending a course about computer architectures, and in the course material it is written that in the deprecated model of parallel machines used to launch instructions that are incompatible with the clock frequencies of modern microprocessors.
How can an instruction be compatible or incompatible with the clock frequency of a microprocessor? In my understanding, the instructions are conceived independently of the duration of the clock period. Can you please clarify this point?
Thanks in advance

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My phone (like me) is nowhwhere near smart. Those who do have a smart phone and time to kill this may be an interesting exercise: https://www.instructables.com/id/10-Minute-Mini-3D-Projection/?ALLSTEPS
HCL has a series of HCL Me products that it launches with a set of target audience in mind. This time around it has come up with the HCL ME...
Bajaj Auto has taken to the heart the matter of bringing a bike in the Indian market best suited for the mileage crazy country. Expanding its Discover range (namely 100,...
Building on the success of their active Park Assist Technology Ford has come up with an advanced push button auto park. It can also exricate the car from the slot....
I dislike how the CrazyEngineers website has started converting words in posts to links to a tags page, like: www.crazyengineers.com/tags/something/ I frequently add a link in my posts to lead...