What do you think about notifications and alerts from mobile apps?

I'm curious to know whether our CEans find notifications and alerts from various installed mobile apps useful. I read a conversation on LinkedIn that was on the lines "Flipkart sends me more notifications every day and Amazon, once in a while - all my orders go to Amazon".

Do you get irritated by the notifications or find them useful?

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Too many notifications can indeed be irritating. My wife has Jabong's app and I see at least a 1 - 2 notifications every day - not cool!

However, without notifications companies can't make their customers aware of new features, sales, etc. I guess tying the notifications to the type of search done by the customer may be the key - i.e. notify the customer about something they really appear to be interested in.

MixPanel is an interesting service that allows you to get to know what your customers are doing. It also allows you to push app or email notifications and see how many notifications were opened, etc.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you for the comment, #-Link-Snipped-#. Would it make any difference if these notifications were sent my email instead of push notifications?

I think I'd be okay with 1 notification every 2 days from the app that I actively use. But most of the shopping apps are so hungry for user's attention that they become irritating.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Notifications that popup in mobile app would be better than email.i would never want to gety inbox filled with notification mail. Only important credentials to be i am interested in my inbox
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Would it make any difference if these notifications were sent my email instead of push notifications?
    Personally, I prefer app notifications - they're easy to "digest" (read & take some action or just dismiss). 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey, I m a student of 3 year diploma course in electrical engg. After 10th class. I just reached my 6th sem with so many backlogs. Now my interest is...
As the nation was celebrating Independence Day, regional smartphone manufacturer Micromax quietly put up details of their new smartphone on the company website. The Micromax Canvas 5 Lite Special Edition...
Just like other regional smartphone manufacturers, the newest entrant, LYF is keeping up with the status quo and releasing a smartphone every week. At the beginning of this week the...
While we cannot deny the vast improvement of recent technologies based upon the foundation of LASER innovation, we must not stop our minds to speculate over the range of possible...
All those who have started receiving access emails can try out our apps and share your suggestions, feedback, opinion and general thoughts about the whole system here. Eagerly looking forward...