What Do You Mean By Transient State

In the context of electronics engineering, what do you mean by a Transient State? I want to know the details of it. Please explain this term.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    transient time is the time taken for a ckt to reach steady or constant performance state

the process involved in it to reach this steady state is called as transient state
  • naveee
    naveee
    when a circuit is closed current flow will be maximum... so the current will be at steady state ........ when a circuit is opened... current will not suddenly comes to zero it take some time to reach the zero state that state is called transient state 😎
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    naveee
    when a circuit is closed current flow will be maximum... so the current will be at steady state ........ when a circuit is opened... current will not suddenly comes to zero it take some time to reach the zero state that state is called transient state 😎
    the same thing which is considered in opening the circuit applies to initial closing of circuit also

no circuit which has a capacitor and inductor are instantaneous
  • naveee
    naveee
    jeffrey samuel
    the same thing which is considered in opening the circuit applies to initial closing of circuit also

no circuit which has a capacitor and inductor are instantaneous
    i cant get u wat u say plz cum again
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    the point is simple dynamic devices take a while to reach their steady state unlike resistor which is static

there are some stored charge or field inside of the capacitor and inductors because of this there is some time delay for them to respond 100%

this delay is called transient time

and the state or position of the cap and inductor in transient time is called transient state of the circuit
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    i think transient state is just after switching or after any abnormal condition(due to fault or sudden change in load)...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    naman2511
    i think transient state is just after switching or after any abnormal condition(due to fault or sudden change in load)...
    exactly true my pal you are catching them up
  • naveee
    naveee
    is there a term dynamic resistance????
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    dynamic resistance nope as far as i know all resistors are static in nature
  • naveee
    naveee
    somewat i kno is for AC cureent the resistance used is called DYNAMIC resistance.......... u hav any idea regarding that ???
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    AC dynamic resistance wow new idea

i ll consider figuring more in it and let you be informed of it

but i am not sure if 1 exists in practise
  • naveee
    naveee
    jeffrey samuel
    AC dynamic resistance wow new idea

i ll consider figuring more in it and let you be informed of it

but i am not sure if 1 exists in practise
    "but i am not sure if 1 exists in practise" i can get that new one ............
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    there is no actual dynamic resistance in the world

only diodes and other semi conductor materials serve the purpose
  • naveee
    naveee
    okie i thought of it
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    transient state is a state where the exact point at which a device changes modes, for example, from transmit to receive or from 0 to 1.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    arunchary
    transient state is a state where the exact point at which a device changes modes, for example, from transmit to receive or from 0 to 1.
    change of state from 0 to 1 in what

in Flip Flops it is called as Triggering and not transient

This comes more in electric circuit analysis rather than in digital circuits

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why The Current Leads Voltage In Case Of Capacitor??
GUYZ... if any one is intrested in this project of "a solution to remote detection of illegal electricity"...this file will be too helpful for you... along with this pdf, also...
Hello friends! Through this thread we would share about the inventions and discoveries in various fields may be physics, chemistry or any.This may help us to increase our general knowledge....
"MECON 2013" 1st International conference on Mobile and Embedded technology is organized by Department of Electronics and Communication at Amity School of Engineering, Noida, Uttar Pradesh on 17th- 18th January...
Project training/ OR softwares .. which are beneficial in getting placed or moving ahaed the career ladder ?