What do interviewers expect from candidates?

what does a interview board expect from the candidate?? bunch of certificates or personality or answers to their questions what all do they expect??

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Basically your confidence level & answers of course. It depends on the job requirements to be honest. Suppose you're a mechanical engineer and physically underweight etc. When the job requires hard physical work, you're obviously not suitable despite you may be knowledgeable.

Certificates are pretty worthless unless they are from something significant. For eg. A certificate of participation in an inter college event doesn't worth anything, however, if you won a competition at IIT or somewhere, it countable. The count of actually good certificates in our inventory is pretty less generally. 😔
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    so what sort of skills should we develop from now onwards(i am in third year of B.E) to face it and meet their requirements.
  • m.vivekanandan
    m.vivekanandan
    so selection depends on how we perform on that day right?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I took my first interview last week and was dissapointed.The interview was for a role of network engineer and the guy who turned up said he did not do any certification as he was aiming for the final one - CCIE. I have no issues with that. As the interview progresses, it tunrs out that he is too poor with basics of the subject, has done rote learning of concepts via internet. He used all jargoans but when asked to explain how those work, he went clueless.
    lesson taken - never try to say - you know it all ; use concepts what you learnt - don't dump concepts on interviewer ; be perfect in what you claim you are good at

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hiiii Evryone!!!!!! I m in final yr currently, I want latest cse updates.... I m not so talented, I want ur helps....😀
Hello everyone! I want to know that how can we step down 230V a.c to required voltage. Cell phone or laptop chargers do not have any transformer inside them. how...
I'm Prantik Chakraborty, B-Tech (civil) student. I want to clear Gate for Higher Studies in a good institution. I am expecting a lot of support from you all....
IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE A ROBOT WHOSE SOURCE OF ENERGY IS JUST SOLAR RADIATIONS....??
Dear Friends hello first of all happy friendship day to all of you... as this thread is specially for Engineers who have Gap in there professional spam due to career...