What Causes Frustration Among Software Engineers?

I see that most of my friends who're working in the IT/Software industry are frustrated with their jobs. 99% of them are 'sticking' to the job because they've EMIs & others are just hanging on because they've nothing else to do. There are *very few* engineers who're in the job because they love it. Just wondering what causes frustration among the software engineers -
  • Is it high stress level?
  • Is it monotonous work?
  • High expectations from society?
  • Bad bosses & mangers?
  • High competition for promotions and salary hikes?
Or other reasons. What's your take?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I'm working in embedded software so it's little different than typical Software employee. And embedded is my interest so right now enjoying coding but from my friends point of view i can third and fourth point can be the reason for frustration.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Each software has its own advantages and i think everyone will come across some problems at work. So what will you do when your current software lacks the functions your...
You won’t need to be a chemistry freak for searching materials now onwards. MIT and Lawrence& Berkeley National Laboratory have brought before you a whole new range of materials if...
My self tushar prajapati. im studying in 3rd year instrumentation and control engineering..................plz give guideline and material regards PROCESS CONTROL.
Can anyone explain me how to find time complexity for the below recurrence relation T(n)= c (Constant) if n=1 n^1/2T(n^1/2)+n if n>1 Thanks in advance
You don’t need to be upset if your vehicle components do not permit you to listen to razor sharp quality music. Ford car owners across UK will soon get to...