What can fresher mechanical engineers do after graduation in 2020?
Mechanical Engineering is called the mother of all engineering.
There are lots of options available after completing B.Tech in ME.
You can simply go for jobs in core companies as well as IT industry as well.
The IT market is currently getting in shape and hiring of engineers has been increased across the trades.
You can also opt for GATE and there would be two more options if you crack the exam with some great ranks. You can go for PSU jobs as well as you can opt for the top notch colleges in India for M.Tech.
Upon graduation, you are able to work in virtually every engineering field. Jobs in the aerospace, automobile, chemical, manufacturing, telecommunications, or metal sectors and more can be found.
You can even land positions in fields like accounting and management, after several years of experience. After completing your Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering look at career options:Materials engineer, Consultant or researcher in a manufacturing company, Patent law Expert,you could find work opportunities in supply chain and logistics, finance, management areas as well.
Remaining jobless is painful after graduation. I personally wish no one to go through such situation as it slowly breaks you due to family pressure, peer pressure, social pressure and leads you to depression. Its bad bad situation.
Suppose you are already in this situation then you may consider following options:
- Getting jobs through GATE/JEE/UPSC/State PSC exams - These are generally first choice for most of the students. Looking at the number of vacancies fulfilled through these exams and the number of applicants. The probability to get a job is very less and risk is very high. You should evaluate your case based on your past performance at academics, as these exams are mostly theory based. If you are in top 5% then your chances are bright, else you should be realistic to spend time on this option and save yourself from wasting more time.
- Job application to companies around - In this option, students look around, either directly or through contacts, to apply for any vacancy available. Generally these are mid-or-low level companies. When you start with low level companies then growth is impacted, because you get branded with the company. So choose only good companies to start your career.
- Online job application - There are many job portals, like Naukri, Indeed, etc. where you may find jobs to apply. Good quality resume is an important aspect for same. Recruiters from good companies do not spend more than 30 seconds in first round of resume scanning. It is impossible to spend good amount of time where number of applications are in thousands. So make good resume, and be mentally prepared to wait till their recruitment period starts. It’s a cycle where you would have to wait and watch.
- Planned, and prepared, job applications - First of all, you should know your area of interest. It may be automotive, aerospace, robotics & automation, manufacturing, or anything else. Once you have identified your area of interest then analyze the future scope of it. Once the area of work is decided then upgrade your skill. The level of your skill should be at a level where you can start working from day 1 of joining any company.
Jobs directly related to mechanical engineering degree include:
- Aerospace engineer
- Automotive engineer
- CAD technician
- Contracting civil engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Nuclear engineer