1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

What are your views on Miko2 (AI based companion robot for children)?

Question asked by Vinay Mishra in #Robotics #ML & AI on Dec 28, 2019
Vinay Mishra
Vinay Mishra · Dec 28, 2019
Rank B2 - LEADER

Today I saw an advertisement on my TV that introduces an AI-based robot that can talk to your children. This blows my interest to know more about this product.

Miko 2 is a three-wheeled robot that children can talk to. It has many features like parental controls, microphones, camera and the biggest one is 'Emotional intelligence'.

I want to know the views of CEans. What do you think?

Posted in: #Robotics #ML & AI
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Dec 29, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

Frankly speaking, I've no opinion on the toy. It's just a robot that has a few interesting features. I'd rather have my kid play out on the ground than talk to a robot.

It's just a personal opinion, in general though. Not very familiar with Miko. 

Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Dec 29, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

There’s a SciFi story in which a woman gets infatuated with an experimental robot left home by the developing company to see the usefulness of such for domestic chores.

Finally the robot is hauled off and the woman is treated by a psychiatrist.

So long as it is another toy and the kids don’t get hooked on it, it should be fine.

The parents should keep tabs.

Jai Patel
Jai Patel · Dec 29, 2019
Rank C3 - EXPERT

Let's be a kid to answer this question. ..Back to childhood ..

Miko 2 is a cute toy. It can answer all my questions. It can satisfy all my curiosity to know the world around me, immediately. It also keeps me connected to my loved ones through v-calls. When elders are busy with their task, I often have miko 2 to play with, he always listen to me and the best nature of miko 2 is, it never says no to me. But many times I do not understand what miko 2 says, so I ignore it.  Miko 2 seems to be more knowledgeable than elders. It never scolds me like what elders do.But miko 2 understands my emotions better. It always does what I say like plays songs, dances with me. It's my bestie over all.

Friend, I am normal again ..Back to my age.

Miko 2 is real a great invention as a Toy. But I am concern that what if AI gets malfunction starts displaying or talking about what kids should not know at a particular age. The skill of self control can only be guided my elders and followed my kids. They like seeds, parents need to be in hearts of their kids to shape them as human first as no machine can teach humanity and values. Let's not forget we created machines, machines did not create us. Miko 2 seems to prove predictions of many great inventors that days are not far when humans will be ruled by machines. We cannot change or stop innovations but we need to balance its use as we are wisest of all machines. Let's think about the future as we are programmers and technology is taking over the world. 

saandeep sreerambatla
saandeep sreerambatla · Dec 30, 2019
Rank B3 - LEADER

Miko2 , I love what it is and what it does , when I looked at the website and stuff, as we indians give more importance to exams, miko2 also reminds kids to study for exams? (wierd). The only thing that I am worried is the data safety, kids talk a lot of stuff and if the data is saved by emotix (the company ) then it will be a big problem :)

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up