What are the things you can do in India but not elsewhere in the world?

Here's an interesting question I stumbled upon on the Internet - write the most unique things you can do in India but not elsewhere in the world. Can you think of any? If yes, share below.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Defecate on the road side while talking on the cell phone. Saw it myself enroute to one of our factories on the outskirts of Bangalore.
    Outsource fire walking (by Hindu Tamilnadu village folks) for a Muharram festival. (Common in my home town in Tamilnadu)
    Make a vow to the family deity that you will get the younger brother's head shaved if your wish is granted.
    One of the junior scientists in my institute turned up with tonsured head and gave this explanation.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    make sure, you dont drive in lane, but drive on the white LINE and feel like a hero,.
    not wear a helmet and feel proud.

umm I am not sure, but India seems to be a country which has doesnot really put strays to sleep ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    durga
    umm I am not sure, but India seems to be a country which has doesnot really put strays to sleep ๐Ÿ˜€
    Guilty as charged. I have set apart a monthly budget to feed stray dogs (usually four sometimes a guest strays in) in my street of the layout where I live. They all wait out side at 8-30 pm. All were born just outside my compound wall and well behaved. The mother and a few aunts, who were the earlier visitors died replaced by the next generation. The association and a distant neighbour do complain.
    I continue nevertheless. These are quite friendly with all including very young kids.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    *a diversion*
    @ Ramani Sir,
    Yes, my mother too used to feed 8-10 strays everyday for numerous years , we had moved out of that place though, but I am trying my best to keep it up. Currently I feed a cat which has littered and her kittens and a dog ๐Ÿ˜
    As general observation - strays ( unless totally rabied) dont hurt /maul anyone when given love/affection.
    Frankly, without considering intellectual superiority- all life is same , and I really aprreciate Indian way of treating strays and not putting them to sleep.
    Yes, there are animal welfare organisations in other countires, and people contribute, but they put animals to sleep when there is no place in shelter.

I really appreciate the fact that you continue inspite of complaints from assocaition, I had to give away a pup I resuced as my complex guys objected to pets. Nevertheless, i got it treated and fed for a amonth before I gave it to KARUNA for adoption.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The_Big_K
    Here's an interesting question I stumbled upon on the Internet - write the most unique things you can do in India but not elsewhere in the world. Can you think of any? If yes, share below.
    I think (or hope) that the whole point of this thread is to focus on the positives. ๐Ÿ˜จ

Because - spit on either side of the road - is something you can do in India and get away easily.
    Or crib about the sorry state of politics and don't think a second thought while paying bribe - is again something people only do in India. ๐Ÿ˜•

One positive thing I can immediately think of about India is the awesome neighbor culture.
    You always find a friendly neighborhood in India. Move in to a new place and at least one aunty will offer you with tea OR the phone numbers of the essentials - plumber, electrician, laundry-wallahs. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I also think that we should have a separate thread about the 'Crazy Things That Can Only Happen In India.' I bet we all will have a lot of images to share. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    AbraKaDabra
    One positive thing I can immediately think of about India is the awesome neighbor culture.
    You always find a friendly neighborhood in India.

Yes this is the best part and more useful for females...๐Ÿ˜‰

One of the positive point is that in India we can celebrate these many of festivals with so many holidays and reasons to hang out..๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Ok Positive point , a bit off topic might be . But India is the only country where a women is considered as goddess and still few people misbehave!
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    in India, we get the last minute study rush... just memorize (or by-heart or bi-heart or whatever...) and just write the same on the paper and u pass in the exam.. โ˜•

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Imagine that CrazyEngineers is looking for really talented engineers - just out of college or with some experience to work on some really interesting projects that requires engineers from all...
When Biggie was recruiting bloggers for VoiCE, he came across lot of people who wanted to help, but couldn't. Before I tell you what all awesome things you can do,...
Found this interesting & motivating infographic that tells you how many tries it takes before you succeed. What I'm interested in knowing is have you ever tried 'continuously', without giving...
Hey guys, i need some info about it. if you guys can provide me some info with some ppt's it will be nice. Can some one give me difference between...
I want to host my final year project. Is any possible to host my web project freely.?