View Feed
group-icon
Civil + Structural Engineers
Community of Civil and Structural Engineers to discuss all concepts, topics, questions and doubts.
425 Members
Join this group to post and comment.

What are the chances of outshining after joining NICMAR ?

should I join Nicmar or take up IELTS and do MS ?

Hi @ARPITA NAIK Great question first of all. NICMAR is something that needs to be discussed and the reality of it should be put out there.

I am assuming here that you are a fresher with no work experience. The fees that you will pay for the 2 year course is roughly 15 Lakhs. 

As far as the case of comparison, NICMAR Pune is far better than NICMAR Indore in terms of placement as well as faculty and alumni base too is rich. Heard this from a friend who graduated from their a couple of years back.

You are roughly going to invest 15 lakhs for 2 years. So, it is very important that you are absolutely ready to invest so much. Do remember that NICMAR does NOT offer Graduation. It's a certification program. You can choose one of the following for that:

• Advanced Construction Management (Most popular and in-demand)
  • Project Engineering and Management
  • Real Estate and Urban Infrastructure Management
  • Infrastructure Finance, Development and Management
  • Management of Family Owned Construction Business.

Do check the subjects taught in each of these courses, and then choose what suits you the best. This is critical. 

Coming to campus placements, the average salary is 5.5 LPA. Don't fall for the 100% placement record of any college. In any decent college if its in 70-80% range, it's good, because if you are above average or better than most in your batch, you will get placed.

Now about getting admission, I feel that NICMAR is relatively very easy compared to exams like GATE. 

If you check at the student profiles, you will find that most have 1-2 years of job experience. They come for management roles to NICMAR.

My question to you is why do you think MS in US is better over NICMAR?

Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare • Jun 26, 2019

Hey Arpita, which courses in MS are you planning after Civil engineering graduation?

Construction management 

Share this content on your social channels -