What are the best things to do after civil engineering for getting best job?
There are several things to do after graduating as a Civil engineer. Let me quickly list a few things you could do -
1. Start developing skills in any of the design software - like AutoCAD, Revit, STAAD PRO, 3D Studio Max, Etabs, Primavera, Ansys Civil etc. These software tools are used by several construction and civil engineering companies and having mastery over one or two of these tools will definitely help getting a good job.
2. Upgrade your communication skills: Spoken and Written communication skills are essential for getting into a good job. You should also prepare for facing the technical rounds of interviews and HR interviews to maximize your chances of getting selected.
3. GATE: Taking GATE and M.Tech will enhance your chances of finding a good job. You will however have to figure out what kind of job you wish to get into.
4. IES: Indian Engineering Services is an excellent choice for those who wish to go for it.
5. PSU: If you have a good GATE score you can apply to several leading PSUs.
6. Higher Studies: MS from a foreign University will open several avenues for getting a good job in the domain of your choice.
I hope this gives you some idea of things you could do to get into a good job.