1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

What are the best drone startup ideas?

Question asked by Kaustubh Katdare in #Startups & Business on Feb 16, 2020
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Feb 16, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

Let's list out all the innovative drone startup ideas that can be started with minimal investments. I'm listing a few to start with and I request fellow CEans to contribute more.

Idea #1:  Drone Photography

Drone photography is definitely a booming business. I've seen drone photographers at weddings, who are paid handsomely to capture photographs through angles and views that are otherwise impossible. 

You'll need a simple drone capable of 4K or even full HD video capabilities. I think the one from DJI can be employed to do this and the overall investment could be less than $1000. 

Idea #2: Building Inspections

Drones are very useful in conducting building inspections. You could partner with someone from civil and structural engineering background to help offer building inspection services. For example you could offer inspections for -

• Bridges
  • Mobile towers
  • High-tension power cables
  • Wind turbines
  • Solar Farms etc

Please add your ideas below. I request you to keep the numbering in the "Idea #x" format. 

Posted in: #Startups & Business
Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Feb 16, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

Idea#3: Periphery security monitoring. This can include defence applications for border monitoring.

Ashraf HZ
Ashraf HZ · Feb 29, 2020
Rank A2 - PRO

Idea #4: Terrain Mapping

Using drones to map areas such as agricultural lands or streets for planning and analysis purposes. These drones can be set predetermine routes to map an area accurately autonomously with much better resolutions than satellites or planes. Cameras together with LIDAR can create cost effective 3D mapping as well.

Idea #5: Emergency Response

During an emergency where quick response or difficult to reach areas is needed, drones equipped with supplies and tools can be sent out to locate the emergency and assist victims. There are numerous emergency types with their own particular requirements, so this area has a lot of potential to innovate. Examples include delivering medical supplies to administer first aid, firefighting equipment, thermal cameras to locate victims, etc.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up