What are the advantages of clearing software testing certification exam as a fresher?

Hi kaustubh,

I am a b.tech final year student (Computer science and engineering ) and in a past few days I have cleared ISTQB Foundation level   certification because of my interest towards software testing .What are the advantages that I will be getting in my campus placement  by clearing this certification exam and how should I convince the HR peoples or my employer (mainly infosys)for putting me into QA domain.

Please give me some key points , what extra efforts I can put on in testing , before my placements  ,so that I may placed in QA team of company?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - welcome to CrazyEngineers and congratulations on getting the ISTQB certification. 

Your certification may not have immediate advantage during campus placements - because the campus placements are mainly focused on aptitude tests. Most of the people who crack the aptitude test will have a great chance of getting through. 

That said, you should highlight your certification in your resume and offer a chance to the Interviewers to ask you about testing. You could do so by informing the interviewers about your interest towards software testing. However, it's possible that interviewers could completely ignore your certification and concentrate on regular Interview.

Don't even try to focus on convincing anyone. That's better done when you're through the initial training period at your employer. You may inform them that you're interested in software QA; but not 'insist' on getting into QA. 

You can switch to QA after you are comfortably settled in your job (6 months - 1 year) and truly believe that you wish to make a career as a Quality Assurance engineer. 

Focus only on getting selected. Everything else will fall in place once you have a job in hand. 

I hope this helps.

I'm tagging #-Link-Snipped-# who's lot of experience in the industry as a QA engineer. His insights will definitely be useful. All the best! ðŸ‘

• alok bajpai
    alok bajpai

thanku so much sr for directing me ...

• saandeep sreerambatla
    saandeep sreerambatla

#-Link-Snipped-# Welcome !! ISTQB certification is good to have.

But as mentioned earlier by Kaustubh Its not ideal to ask for QA role in the interview and certification might / might not be useful.

But I am curious to know why you are interested in QA role? what aspects did you study or know about how the QA role will be in organizations? And did you think about the scope of the role after 5 years or 10 years.

Did you consider anything about Automation or Performance or security roles?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Major problems faced by the disabled students
My preferences are1 cdac pune 2 sunbeam pune3 banglore kp4 iacsd pune Which one will i get in which round? And is it worth doing big data at these centre...
I don't want to buy expensive NAS DriveI have a external hard disk and I want ability to access it on my network via router, what is my best option...