1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

What are career opportunities in robotics in India?

Question asked by Vaibhav Shinde in #Robotics on Jun 7, 2019
Vaibhav Shinde
Vaibhav Shinde · Jun 7, 2019
Rank E1 - BEGINNER
Posted in: #Robotics
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare · Jun 16, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

Great question. @Vaibhav Shinde It's a question that occurs in the minds of thousands of electronics/mechanical engineers in India who love robotics and want to pursue a full-time career in it in India.

While some engineers portray a very negative picture, I feel that Robotics is picking up pace in India and jobs related to automation in MNCs and hardcore programming in startups are on the rise.

See Robotics Process Automation Jobs in Indian MNCs:

We have covered some robotics startups in India and I'm sure they are hiring engineers year after year.

1. Samay Kohli, GreyOrange | CrazyEngineers
  2. Surendranath Reddy, 3Ding-REDD | CrazyEngineers
  3. Nishith Rastogi, Locus | CrazyEngineers

I think the more important topic to discuss is what are the skills/tools/knowledge required to build a successful career in robotics. Let's discuss that.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Jun 17, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

Robotics is quickly finding its place in almost every industry as the automation takes over. Most of the automobile companies and manufacturing industries are going to need robotics experts in coming days. 

In fact, I expect lot of interesting job openings to come up in near future. ISRO is working on ambitious Moon, Mars and Venus projects - and they're going to need Robotics experts. 

Here's a list of domains you should keep eye on for career opportunities in Robotics -

Space Exploration and Research

As I said, space exploration and research is an emerging field in India as along with ISRO several startups and private firms are planning to get into space research and exploration. 

Automobile 

The automobile industry is going to experience a massive shift from fossil fuel based vehicles to electric vehicles. It's likely that there will be several EV manufacturing facilities set up in near future and they're going to make heavy use of robotics and automation. There will definitely be plenty of job and career opportunities in automobile sector.

Defence

Under the 'Make in India' initiative, the Indian Government is investing to facilitate the local production of arms, ships and aircrafts. All these industries will require robotics experts. Expect lot of job openings in these industries in the next 3-5 years. 

Pharma

The pharma industry is moving to automation at a rapid pace as robots are replacing humans in various mundane jobs. Most of the Chemical and Pharma industries have environment that's not healthy for humans; and in such places robots are being deployed. 

Logistics 

The logistics industry has seen a phenomenal rise in the recent times with the emergence of e-commerce. I do not see this being slowed down as majority of commerce will now happen online.

The logistics industry will benefit tremendously by use of large-scale automation which ensures quicker and more efficient delivery. 

All the above mentioned industries are going to need several types of engineers who can work in the robotics domains. If you wish to make a career in robotics, look for developing expertise in -

• Robot Design Engineering
  • Industrial Automation Engineering
  • Artificial Intelligence Engineering
  • System Design Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Robot Motion Planning
  • CAD and Engineering

Rest assured, there will be plenty of opportunities for robotics in India. Make your career moves accordingly. I hope this answers your query to some extent. If you have follow up questions, ask them below. 

If this answer helped you a bit, hit the like button

Bala Venkat
Bala Venkat · Jun 17, 2019
Rank D1 - MASTER

Wow! Love to see the extent to which you guys go to offer help. ? ? 

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up