What are advantages of use CLI over GUI?

hello!
Help me on this two computer interface, command line interface and graphical user interface. Reset i use graphical but i like also to be master on the command line interface,. Wat are the advantage to the person, who know all interface.?

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    I could think one advantage of CLI over GUI is that CLI saves Time. GUI may be easier to work with but it takes more time.
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    CLI is more secure than GUI. Only professional or trained person can operate CLI
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Both have its own pros and cons

as far as user friendliness is concerned then GUI is preferable, if you really wanna enjoy working on system then CLI is preferable.

I am saying on the basis of my own experience, especially when it comes to working on raw server like Amazon EC2
  • joseph siomn
    joseph siomn
    Okey , i want to open files with CLI steps please.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    joseph siomn
    Okey , i want to open files with CLI steps please.
    There ain't any specific pattern of opening files using CLI.It all depends on location of the file you wanna access.

Are you Linux user ?
  • joseph siomn
    joseph siomn
    no, window! ll help me? many time i use window. and to delete, edit the ting inside the folders in the flash,, or store parts
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Me no Windows user but I'll explain you how I create a folder.

Suppose I wanna create a folder named "CE" in directory under Filesystem -> usr -> games.
    Then I'll type command in terminal something like this :
    cd /usr/games
    sudo mkdir -p CE

Job done!

Now,if you wanna copy any files to it use cp command or you wanna open it,then it basically depends on which format file is it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While designing SMPS(Switched mode power supply) how to choose a particular isolation voltage for a step down transformer i.e how will you decide it. as for ex: 1KV,5KV etc How...
Hey guys!! i wanted to ask something about c-dac , please guide me with your views.I got cdac result today .It is like this: a+b=59 dac=56 wimc=25 and ditiss(or whatever...
hello. i chose sound localization for my FYP. i am doing computer engineering. i am looking for a sound card that takes multiple inputs and processes them in parallel. please...
I downloaded veoh but i uninstalled it.Eventhough when i open google chrome an additional tab with veoh gets opened.I want to remove that.Please help me.
"Bikes/Scooters need to be driven less than 40km/hr before first service, or else it may lead to an earlier engine complaint." - I heard this from a friend, but can't...