What after B.Tech In Electrical & Electronics Engineering?

Hi all, I've just completed B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics. I dont know what should i do nxt.. I mean, at first i'd an idea to go for daily wages post in Electricity board so that i can study the work there. My final sem result is yet to publish. So was waiting..and then while going through different job opportunities i saw knowledge in electrical cad can be added advantage. So joined for Electrical cad now. And i wished to take MBA. But my doubt was whether i'l get a job based on what i've studied, ie, electrical & electronics.. or i'l have to transform to management sector. or can v corelate both...Then i'm interested in Embedded systems. and one of my friend told about a 6 month training course in embedded system @ bangalore. But, then i thought taking M.Tech in Embedded system or taking this course, which will be better... Finally, right now, i'm in big big confusion/ i'm not in a way to decide.. Job/MBA/M.Tech...😔 When i ask my friends, they say pros n cons abt all and finally conclude that "i ve to take a decision myself" which i tried trying bt ...

Replies

• manishks
    manishks
    if you want to follow the trend then opt for mba. IIMs offer correspondence course, so thats a good option.you can do mtech also. it a quite difficult question. it depends on individuals!

at last its your interest that matters. FOLLOW YOUR HEART..YOU WILL FIND THE WAY!
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Hmm i think you are under a great confusion!!!
    It is not a must that after your MBA you will be directed only into the management sector , you can of course correlate both.Make a clear decision and start working!
  • rohit330
    rohit330
    Hi All,

Long back when i posted this, i had no idea that i l be joining a software firm and will be working for such a long period (2 years as of now). My career life gave me a lot of experiences in different ways...the culture, life style, work, a lot of things. Now its time for me to think about my higher studies. Sooner or it will be too late.. I need to have lighten up from you guys on a small aspect.. am planning to do M.Tech in Embedded Systems/VLSI will this two years of my life @ software field be considered or it will remain as a mark in water..? any ideas.. I work as a test analyst - payments area. I know that definitely this has got nothing to do with embedded systems or vlsi, but the process would be same for all..So will that be considered or i l be treated as a fresher again..

Kind Regards
    Rohit
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure if work-experience is a criteria during GATE admissions. Someone can comment on it.

But post your PG studies, if you wish to take up a job in sytems/VLSI domain; I don't think the work-ex would be relevant. But it'd certainly be an advantage over those without any work experience. That's just my guess though.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    I guess the work experience from Testing field would be only considered if you apply for job in the same field. Unlike development which could've increased the weight of your experience because embedded & VLSI are closely related to building logic to get the things done. However, this is just my thought.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Our goal is to come up with a table/graph showing the approximate heat transfer coefficients (HTC) of AISI 52100 steel in Chevron Quenching Oil 70 or E.F. Houghton Quench-G. We...
We have seen that some word verifications will appears while signing up in to accounts or while messaging. The text code appears will be very simple and easy to understand....
I will b doing btech in computer science. i just wanted to know if knowledge of visual basic is going to help? i studied oracle and visual basic in +2....
i am started making route reservation in internetworks i got the codes from net.........i execute that but Non reservation is not working.......and reservation based data transfer frame is working first...
Respeced Sir, i want to do some computer application program in mining industry in my m. tech project. if you have any idea please share with me. thank you.