weTransfer - Review

Check out post: #-Link-Snipped-#

Generally e-mail clients have boundations that we can not send attachment of more than 10MB size. Whenevr we need to send a one more than 10 MB of size, we start cusring e-mail clients that why do not they allow us?

weTransfer is a web utility which allows us to send data upto 2 GB for free using internet.
All you need to do is follow these steps:
  1. login to #-Link-Snipped-#
  2. Select attachment location on your system.
  3. Enter To and From E-mail addres
  4. Enter comments
  5. Click on Transfer
Both the parties receives an e-mail notification; i.e. a confirmation email is sent to the user, and email are sent to the recipient(s) containing a download link to the file. The recipient simply clicks on the download link, and a download page is opened in their browser where they can choose where to place the files on their hard drive. The recipient then presses the “Ok button” and the files are transferred from the Wetransfer.com site to the recipient's hard drive.

You can send the files to up to 20 recipients per transfer. From e-mail receipient can download the attachment using Download button given on the e-mail.

weTransfer server keeps the attachment on its server for 14 days.

I used this utility to transfer a video of 60 MB, worked well for me.

Features:
  • It’s Free
  • 2GB limit per transfer
  • No registration
  • Easy to use
  • Send multiple files at once
  • Send files upto 20 users in one go
  • No spamming, as they have spam filters
Although I had not read any security threat till now, still I will not recommend it for official usage until we get any security assurance for the same.
For normal users its freehowever it is mentioned at weTransfer faq that "Companies who want to use WeTransfer as their preferred file transfer service with their own permanent background needs to pay for it"

My Rating: 4.5+ out of 5

-CB

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    For those who always wants to go in depth:

Q. How do they make nmoney?
    • Do you see those beautiful backgrounds on the WeTransfer.com website? They are a kind of advertisement, a brand incentive for companies. This pays for the costs of providing the service.
    • Also, companies which choose weTransfer as preferred file transfer service with their own permanent background add revenues to weTransfer account.
    -CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai friends can any one suggests that "which projects are better for ece either software or hardware"
ILX Group wins global contract with international drilling contractor KCA DEUTAG to provide e-learning in project management across 22 countries ...Online learning reaches workers located in harsh and demanding environments...
We have similar threads which gives names for novels (romantic, thriller, action etc...). In this thread can we have books which are management, engineering, self esteem, and innovation related. or...
Recently I attended one of the meeting at client location. There were around 12 attendes in that meeting and everyone of us were meeting for the first time (Face to...
Can we name any two movies we do not want to see again (even if somebody pay for us to see in an beautiful auditorium) 😁 My take (Both hindi...