wesolveforx.com - Solve For X By Google - What Is It?

Solve For X is an initiative by Google which still seems to be mysterious to me. Check out following video that talks a bit about the service. The official introduction of the site is as follows -

WELCOME TO SOLVE FOR X
Solve for X is a place where the curious can go to hear and discuss radical technology ideas for solving global problems. Radical in the sense that the solutions could help billions of people. Radical in the sense that the audaciousness of the proposals makes them sound like science fiction. And radical in the sense that there is some real technology breakthrough on the horizon to give us all hope that these ideas could really be brought to life.

This combination of things - a huge problem to solve, a radical solution for solving it, and the breakthrough technology to make it happen - is the essence of a moonshot.

Solve for X is intended to be a forum to encourage and amplify technology-based moonshot thinking and teamwork.

We can't wait to share what we discover.

The "solve for x" conference continues to be really interesting. Today we have had talks on transforming education, 5x improvements in agriculture through better decision support, synthetic biology and carbon-negative biofuels.

The "solve for x" YouTube channel and web site with all presentations will be up by Monday.
Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Looks very interesting!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A curated list of 100+ techfest event names for mechanical engineering department. Each event carries its own cool, funky tagline for you to copy.
In 1964 I bought "The World's Great Bridges" by Hubert Shirley Smith. I still have it. https://books.google.co.in/books/about/The_world_s_great_bridges.html?id=-0sFAAAAMAAJ&redir_esc=y I was fascinated by the Firth of Forth Railway Bridge. Thirty years later...
Samsung Galaxy S3 might just launch in May this year and the phone is rumored to have 7 mm thick body. The phone will also have quad-core Exynos CPU and...
Spray a light coat of WD-40 Multi-Use Product inside vehicles' distributors to displace moisture after washing. This will start the engine easier and faster.​ By the way; WD-40 stands for...
Name: Anil Kumar N Engineering Trade: Computer Science Location: Hyderabad Occupation: Student Hobbies & Interests: Listening Old Songs Which are related to Gantasala and Suseela. Aim in life: I wanna...