View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12889 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jun 29, 2012

Weill Cornell Medical College Develops To Kill Nicotine Addiction

The new vaccine developed by the researchers at Weill Cornell Medical College will last lifetime and kill your Nicotine, Cigarette addiction. The drug turns your Kidneys into a factory to produce antibodies that clear the Nicotine from your blood before it reaches the brain. The effect will last lifelong with a single dose unlike the current set of drugs that only last few few days.

Further information: https://weill.cornell.edu/news/releases/wcmc/wcmc_2012/06_27_12b.shtml
Wish it had been available in1957.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jun 29, 2012
bioramani
Wish it had been available in1957.
Totally amazing! I guess this should be tried everywhere in the world!
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jun 30, 2012
smoking
Does it make sense to ask if CEans will take a pledge to give up smoking?
I do not know if I can be termed an ex-addict as I gave up the habit 45 years back. Ex-addicts are known to be enthusiastic evangelists out to reform others suffering from the same addiction. This is not the case here.
At least we can try some gentle persuasion by carrying on the thread with appropriate visuals like this. It is good.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jun 30, 2012
Well, you could be an inspiration. Not sure if it will really work. Extreme inner desire to give up smoking [at the stage where one has not experienced the ill effects on health ] is the only way to go.
The_Big_K
[at the stage where one has not experienced the ill effects on health ] is the only way to go.
That is the crux. Before it is too late. Ordinary ash trays were of no use to me. I was using a 5 litre Corning bowl.
X ray showed rope like blood vessels in the lung. Fortunately, I stopped (three years after this) before things became more serious. The family physician, who took the X ray (an addict himself) died of lung cancer.
This makes for sober reading:
https://www.tobaccofree.org/famobit.htm

Share this content on your social channels -